༻Chapter 15༺

Secret

Russia's POV
I was in my room with the door locked, writing another letter. My desk was a whole mess, it was full of paper sheets, all the letters that Canada wrote me.
I liked keeping them with me, somehow, don't know why, I sometimes read them all over and pretend to finally start to talk with her again. This way of communicating was way more impegnative and slower, I hoped that she'd find a solution with her family very soon.
It was 23:45 pm and I was also very sleepy, but somehow I couldn't sleep.
After a while I didn't know what to write anymore, I stared at the piece of paper on my desk with my pen in my hand.
I gave up since I didn't know what to write anymore so I let go the pen and layed on the back of my chair. I took a deep breath and then I went back looking at my desk for a couple seconds, I grabbed a random piece of paper and started to read.
It was one of the oldest ones, so it was pretty crumble up and dirty.

"Candy omfg I don't know anything wtf"

"Wdym you don't know anything? Are we supposed to know something??"

"GIRL WE HAVE A TEST THE NEXT CLASS, YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT RIGHT??"

"HUH YEAH, SORRY I FORGOT, BUT YES, I STUDIED AND SO? WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?? DO YOU NEED MY NOTES?"

"YES OF COURSE, WHAT ELSE DO YOU THINK THE REASON WAS IF I WROTE TO YOU?? YOU'RE CLEVER AND I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING (Gimme notes pls)"

"YES, RIGHT, TAKE 'EM (It's the folded document within)"

"OMFG THANKS I OWE YOU"

"HOW ABOUT YOU DELETE THAT ONE VIDEO OF ME?? :D"

"Lmao NO"

">:'("

I started to smile so I took another letter and started to read it, then another one, then another another one, then another another another one, and so on...
There were so many paper sheets, my desk was full of 'em, which made me realize how much we talked, and how much I actually missed talking to her during her absence.
I then tried to grab an another one but I noticed that it was stuck under my lamp, so I stood up and started to pull harder while slightly lifting the lamp making sure I wasn't too noisy and that I didn't break anything.
The letter didn't want to come out and since it was getting on my nerves I started to pull harder. I was so aggressive that my table started to shake, and some of my pens and pencils started to roll over the edge making some fall on the floor.
I pulled and pulled until that thing finally came out...torn apart.
"Crap." I said to myself.
I started to look for the other piece and once I found it I attempted to get that out. It didn't come out at first and, since I didn't want to cause more damage, I went turning the lights on and started to carefully lift all the stuff on my desk so I could reach the other half.
Once I finally got it I realized what it was and I instantly searched for some tape to put the pieces together. Once found and done I looked in worry at it.
"No...no..no...Canada's diary page..." I murmured to myself in agony.
I looked at the mess I made, then to the paper. I sighted and put it somewhere safer, in a drawer.
I tried to ignore what just happened; I started to tidy up all the mess I made, afterwards I went and turned off my lights once again, leaving the lamp on my desk being the only font of light in my room, I went back and sat down, I scratched both my eyes and looked at my clock. I was midnight now and I thought that it would have been better to get to sleep since in less than 5 hours I should get up for school.