༻Chapter 19༺

New programs

Russia's POV
It was currently Friday morning, I was at the front gate with China, Vietnam, North Korea, Cuba and Laos. I was telling them what happened in detention with America.
"So...United States has...prosopagnosia...? Is that right?" Laos asked.
"A mental illness that makes you forget people faces, yes." I answered.
"I never knew he had that! Woah...the more you know." Vietnam said.
"I know right?" I replied.
"You know what? What if that's the reason of why USA don't want you to be with her?" China announced.
"What do you mean?" I questioned.
"What if he's worried that you'll just take her away from him. You'll get all her attention, dedication and time, neglecting him. By that he'll just forget how she looks like for the lack of contact with her." China explained.
"Yeah, didn't you say that he said that you'll 'change Canada' or something? By that he could've mean that...if he won't be able to reconogize her look he might not recognize her personality either, since he thinks that she'll just become bad if she keeps seeing you." North Korea added.
"Making him completely forget who his sister was! Now it's all clear!" Cuba concluded.
"Wha- Guys! And I am the one that makes messed up endings...ugh! I'm pretty sure that the reason of why America hates me is another one, and let's make this clear...he has prosopagnosia, not dementia!" I exclaimed.
"Hmm...that still could be a valid reason." Vietnam murmured.
I sighted and tried to get to a different topic but they just kept asking about him and his sister.

"I still wonder what is the reason you think is." North Korea said.
"It's surely something that my father did." I said.
"But like, what did he do? And why is he mad at you? You're not your father. Have you tried to tell him that you're not going to hurt him or Can-Can?" China asked.
"I don't know! I was probably way too young when America and my father had their first encounters, since America is older than me, and I couldn't understand what was good and what not. Only when I grew up I understood that what my father was doing was wrong. But I still don't get why me! I don't even know what my father did to him. And yes! Of course I did." I responded.
"Can't you ask your sister Ukraine? She's your older sister and also have a similar age to United States, since they go in the same classes. She might know what happened, therefore she was old enough to understand." Vietnam suggested.
"Well...I would, but my sister wouldn't answer." I replied.
"Why? She hates you too?" Cuba questioned.
"Kinda..." I answered shrugging, then I shook my head and said to all of them to shut up before they could ask another question.
"Can we change topic? This is starting to be annoying..." I announced.
They looked at each other for a few seconds but before they could answer the bell rang and we all had to get beck in our classes.

I entered my class and as soon as I did I noticed Canada. She wasn't writing or drawing as usual, this time she had something glowy in hand. She was typing. She had a phone.
"She bought a new one finally!?" I said to myself.
I grabbed mine and got closer from behind.
I didn't grab her attention at first, as I might have accidentally focused on her phone.
She was chatting with someone but I didn't bother to wonder who, I just, got too close until Canada noticed.
Once she did notice me she slightly flinched in surprise, putting the phone screen very close to her stomach so I couldn't look at it.

"Russia! Hi! You scared me!" Canada exclaimed.
"I did? Ahah, sorry not sorry~." I replied winking.
"Tsk- what do you need?" She questioned turning her phone off.
"I see you have a new phone...so mind if I...?" I answered pointing at mine.
"Oh? Ah! Yeah! Sure! I'll give my new number to you now! And mind adding me back to the class group chat?" She asked.
"Maybe." I replied sarcastically.
She looked up to me with a playful look to which I just responded with a wink. She rolled her eyes and went back to her phone searching for her phone number. After she found it she slowly turned it towards me so I could read it and write it down on mine.
I finished and saved her number as "Maple Candy", along with adding her at the group chat.
"Done!" I said.
"Great! How did you save me?" She replied.
"Canada." I responded lying, not knowing why precisely but felt like doing so.
"Aww...come on! That's boring! At least try to add some emoticons!" She complained.
"Your flag?" I questioned.
"Dude, my name's already Canada, my flag too? What else do you want to add? My national anthem? Something else I say!" She answered.
"I can add you a the maple leaf...or the sunflower." I suggested.
"Add both!" She confirmed.
I giggled and without changing the nickname I proceeded to add both.