༻Chapter 18༺

Detention

Russia's POV
The day ended, everyone were heading home, except for me. I still had detention.
I waved at my siblings and friends as they went towards the exit of the school.
I went to the detention class and sat down.
After some time America came by and sat on the other side of the room.
"Russia, your phone, on the desk, you know the rules." The teacher said.
"Oh, yeah, I forgot." I replied standing up. I went to the desk and poured my phone in the box, near the other ones. While doing so one of the phones lit up revealing the lock-screen. I was a picture of Canada and America.
I didn't mind much and I just went to my seat again.

30 minutes passed and some people already started heading home.
15 more and the classroom was starting to get empty.
Until it was just me and America.
An hour already passed and I had to wait 30 more minutes to get out.

I was starting to get seriously nervous, I didn't have anything to do and the silence was too loud, I could've sleep but somehow I wasn't feeling it.
I looked around, all the chairs were empty.
I moved my look to America that was writing or drawing something. I was curious so I tried to peek, but he was too far and it was very hard for me to understand what he was doing. I slowly turned perplexed and once raised my look I saw the teacher getting close to me. I got worried, not knowing why precisely.
Once close enough she bented and whispered: "The principal told me about your situation."
I looked a bit confused at her but then replied with: "Uh...yeah, I'll try to do not get in fights anymore."
"I perfectly know that. What I mean is the situation between you, United States, and Canada that isn't here at the moment." She said.
"Sorry? What do you mean?" I asked.
"The principal said that he'd like for you two to get along. You two are very different, good and bad in two different ways, with different opinions and view points, but share a common interest: Canada. Now, Canada is a person and as I know this tension between you and her brother makes her upset, so...how about you and United States start to get along? It'll be a great relief for Canada, am I right?" She explained.
"But like...now?" I questioned.
"Maybe, sure! I'm giving you the permission to talk with him as long as you are friendly with each other." She announced.
I sighted and looked at America for a few seconds. He was still sketching on his paper. I didn't know what to do. Then the teacher re-called again my attention by tapping her fingers on my desk, I look at her and she says: "I already told America about it, he said that he'll do it later but I'm unsure about it. He can be shy at times eheh! So...you know, maybe it's better if you do the first step."
"Um...I'll try..." I mumbled.
"Thank you so much!" The teacher concluded.

The teacher went back to her desk and sat back down. While I stood up. I looked over America, still drawing around his paper.
I took a deep breath and walked towards him.

Once close enough America slightly raised his look to me and lowered it back without saying anything.
I sat on a chair next to him and as soon as I did he released an annoyed sigh. My heart started to beat harder, but not faster. I already knew that he didn't liked me, but his reaction made me feel at unease.

"Ahem...um, America, hey?" I shyly greeted.
"Hi..." He quietly replied.
After that, silence.
The silence was so loud in that moment, all I wished was going back on my place and wait for the 30 minutes to be over instead of being here, in this weird ass situation.
I looked at what he was doing, first few seconds without focus but when I started to look carefully at the paper. He was drawing.
"You draw?" I asked.
"I don't know. Do I?" He answered sarcastically.
"Huh, never knew that the school representative likes to draw." I said.
"I like to draw for my own reasons." He replied.
I kept looking at the movements he was making with the pencil in his hand, the lines getting together slowly turning out to be a femmine figure.
"How long have you been drawing?" I questioned.
"Since I was a kid." He answered.
"Who is she?" I asked.
He didn't reply and just kept sketching.
He started to get to do the face, big kind eyes, a soft smile, rosey cheeks. It was Canada, he was sketching Canada, his sister.
I was amazed by it, the skill he was putting in was so good.
"Is that...Canada?" I asked.
America slowly stopped the drawing and released another annoyed sigh.
"You ask so many questions, for Milky Way's sake!" He complained.
I looked at him, I was annoyed yet offended by that. I didn't have intention to make him mad, but at this point I was mad too. I was trying to start a friendly conversation and he replies to me like that.
"Well, damn! I was trying to be kind! I asked like 3-4 questions and you're already mad! Tsk, I'm done!" I exclaimed standing up.
The teacher was still looking at us, but I didn't care, I wanted to go home and never talk to America ever again. I don't care anymore, what was the reason of this all anyways? Was it because the fight? The arguing? Was it...Canada??

I was slowly sitting back, still thinking to myself if I should've go or not.
"Fine...sorry...but, yeah...it's her, Canada." America said getting my attention.
I turned to him perplexed.
"That's...a nice drawing, really! But why are you drawing your sister?" I asked.
"It's...a not so happy story. The reason of why I draw is because I have prosopagnosia, which is a brain problem that makes me forget people faces very easily, infact I'm currently sketching my sister to do not forget how she looks like, y'know, training memory." He explained.
"Oh...I never knew that...I'm sorry." I replied.
"It's okay. Now that I don't have my phone with me I can't really look at the pictures of her so..." He said.
"Is that why you have a picture of her as lock-screen?" I questioned.
"Yeah...how do you know about my lock-screen?" He asked.
"Uh, your phone lit up right when I was pouring mine in the box." I explained.
He looked at me indifferent and went back drawing her sister.

"You really take care about her, right?" I asked.
"You're asking me this now? Of course I do, she's my lovely little sister and I'll do anything to protect her, it is my duty as her older brother. I thought it was obvious for you after earlier." He answered.
"Hm...she really is great at auto-defending tho...she's not a baby, so I think it's not necessary..." I murmured.
Right after he moved his look at me, with a disapproving expression.

"Alright! You two are done, you can go now!" The teacher announced and as soon as she did America stood up, grabbed his pencil, paper sheet and phone and walked out of the class waving at the teacher but without saying anything to me instead.
I stood up too and went to the desk where I used to sit, got all my stuff and went out too.

I headed home.