37. Going home

The next day
8:55 am

Eli woke up to Lizzie playing with his hair, he then started to hide his face into Lizzie. "Eli..baby?.." Lizzie cooed out as she looked down at her sleepy son. "Mmm.." Eli groaned out before he felt himself drifting off asleep again. Lizzie chuckled at Eli before she kissed the top of his head "Elijah..come on we can go home today.." Lizzie stated as she rubbed Elis back. The little Olsen let out a little sigh before he started to wake up, once he opened his eyes he saw Robbie next to the bed and Lizzie looking down at him. "There's my baby boy." Lizzie cooed out as she smiled at him. Eli smiled back before he loaded his head back down on Lizzie "I have a feeling that we are going to be laying in bed and napping when we get back home." Robbie stated. Eli just nodded at him before he yawned "home.." Eli said in his tired raspy voice.

The two adults smiled at him before they where greeted with the doctor. "Well good morning you guys. I hope everything is all well." He said as he walked over to Eli. Lizzie sat Eli up slowly and got out of bed, Eli rubbed his eye before he looked at the doctor. "I hope you slept well last night Elijah." The doctor said as he was checking to see if everything was all well. Lizzie held onto Robbies hand as the both of them watched Elijah and the Doctor. "Ok everything looks good to go and healthy, now Elijah in going to have you stand up I'll help you ok?" The doctor stated as he soon then started to help Elijah out of the bed.

Once Eli was sitting over the edge of the bed he just looked down at his legs. He looked at his right leg that looks fine, then he looked at his left leg that had a cast at his foot. He then looked right at Lizzie with a sad look "ok we are going to take this slow. If you can't handle it just tell me ok?" The doctor stated as he then slowly helped Eli up. Elijah did a little grunt before he was standing up with most of his weight on his right foot, along with the doctors help. Eli felt his foot going weak a little bit but he knew it was from the lack of him being in bed rest for 2 weeks.

"Your doing really well. Now your going to be using crutches from the time being until you get your cast off." The doctor stated as he then helped Eli back on the bed to sit. Eli did a little huff and just played with the little band they gave him, he felt a dip in the bed next to him and felt a hand around him. He looked over and seen Lizzie sitting next to him "you did good baby. We are just one step closer to getting back home." Lizzie said with a smile. Eli smiled at Lizzie before he put his head against her "Im ready to go home.." Eli said before he felt Lizzie kiss the top of his head and rub his shoulder. Robbie smiled at them before he went ahead to go and sign Eli out and then go get the car ready.

Right after Robbie left the doctor came back into the room with crutches. "Ok now do you know how to use crutches Eli?" He asked as he fixed the crutches to Elis height. "N-no.." he said before he just watched the doctor. "Ok well it's quite simple actually. I'll show you first then you can try it out. Ok?" He said as he then got into position. He then demonstrated how to use the crutches "you just have to swing your body forward and keep your balance. Then after you swing your body forward you bring the crutches back out and put them in front of you again. And boom just like that you can walk with these bad boys!" He stated with a little chuckle. Eli smiled at the doctor before he seen him walk over "ok now you can try. I'll be here along with your mother to help you." He said as he gave the crutches to Eli.

Eli took the crutches and slowly got off the bed, he felt Lizzie help him off the bed and keep him in place for extra support. Once Eli was off the bed he then put the crutches in position and took a simple yet slow step. Once he took the step he then used the crutches to walk around, he smiled a little and looked at Lizzie and the doctor who where smiling at him. "See you got it all down!" The doctor stated as he went over to help Eli go ahead and sit down in the chair. "Ok well I'm not going to have you walk out of here since you just got up on your feet. I'll be back with a wheelchair and your mom can take you out to the car. Which in pretty sure you dad is in right now." The doctor stated as he then left to go grab a wheelchair.