53. Saying Goodbye

February 16th 2018
5:17 am

Elijah was downstairs in the basement hiding his life away in the closet. He didn't want to leave today. He and his parents have been packing for the last 2 days. Eli would try his best to not cry since he seen Lizzie silently cry while they packed and he wanted to stay strong.

The little Olsen was curled up in the corner of the dark cluttered closet. He couldn't break himself to sleep, the most sleep he's gotten was 3 hours. During those nice 3 hours of sleep he was asleep with Lizzie and Robbie. But he woke up due with his over thinking mind. He hated it. Elijah never asked for him to get taken away. On his mothers birthday too! He was supposed to be with his parents til the day he finally grows up. They were supposed to watch him grow and be there for him. But everything had to just flip upside down for him.

While Eli was in the closet he sniffled and wiped away his tears. He soon started to hear his name getting called out. He didn't think much of it, since Lizzie and Robbie were asleep. Or so he thought they were. "Elijah! Where are you bud?" Robbie's voice can be heard. "Eli? Baby??" Lizzie called out soon after but it seems a bit farther away. The little Olsen looked at the door and saw the light beam through the crack of the door. "Elijah!" Robbie called out again but his voice sounded tired and sad. Eli just watched as he soon seen Robbie's shadow walk by, he then wiped away some of his tears.

As 5 long minutes passed he now seen two sets of shadows. "Did you find him anywhere?" Lizzie asked worriedly. "No. I checked all the hiding places he would go to." Robbie replied. Eli put his head on his knees and just listened in on them and kept quiet. "Rob.. I don't want to send him a-away.." Lizzie said before she let out a sob. Robbie sighed sadly "I don't either. But if we don't then they will call the cops and everyone and everything will be really hectic.." Robbie said sadly. Eli watched as the shadows now came close indicating that they where hugging.

Eli soon heard the sobs of his mother. "I cant lose him again.. he's m-my baby.. m-my baby b-boy.." Lizzie sobbed out before he heard her soft cries. Elijah teared up at his mothers crying, he hated seeing and hearing her cry. He rarely ever seen or heard her cry and when he did witness it, he couldn't help but cry as well.

Eli soon let out a sob which was a bit loud, but he didn't care anymore. He just wanted to be with his mom and dad. "Eli?" Robbie called out sadly. Lizzie just tried to calm down but all she did was sniffle. The boy then started to softly cry. Before he knew it the door opened and there stood a sad Robbie and a depressed looking Lizzie. Eli looked up at his parents before he soon let the tears roll freely down his cheeks yet again. "Oh b-baby.." Lizzie said sadly before she went over and scooped Eli up and hugged him.

"I-I d-dont wanna g-go.." Eli sobbed out before he soon dug his face in the crook of Lizzie's neck. Lizzie's heart ached but all she did was hug her son as close to her as she could. "I don't either E.." she said sadly. Robbie had tears in his eyes as he watched his family breakdown. Robbie loved his family but after all the events happening all he ever wanted was for them all to be happy. The man went ahead and just went over and joined the two and hugged them. Lizzie leaned into Robbie as she held her son who was still crying softly into her. The small broken family stayed like that for a bit longer until both the parents heard the soft peaceful snores from Eli.

Lizzie looked down at Eli who was sleeping holding onto her. All she did was look at her sons tear stained face that also was a bit red and puffy from him crying. She wiped away his wet cheeks with her thumb before she gave him a kiss on the cheek. Robbie watched her before he soon gave Lizzie a kiss on her forehead then gave Eli a kiss on his forehead. "Let's get back to bed.." Robbie said quietly. Lizzie just nodded before she adjusted the small 12 year old in her arms. Robbie soon then started to lead his girlfriend and her son back up to the bedroom to get a couple more hours of sleep.