39. Doctors Appointment

5 weeks later

Eli was in his room playing his ukulele, he was strumming randomly. He didn't really have anything to play all he did was have his mind blank. He missed Lizzie, even though it's been 5 weeks he just wanted his mother back. Robbie was fun and all but Eli felt like he couldn't do anything since his leg was in a cast and he had to be careful of his stitches. He was going to get his stitches out later on in the day but he felt iffy and didn't want to rip them, even though they where perfectly healed.

Throughout the 5 weeks that he was alone with Robbie he felt awkward. During dinner and car rides he felt weird. Even though Robbie was trying his best to be there for him and try to crack a few jokes and all it just reminded him of Jacob. But the car rides where different. Eli would alway sit in the back and just either close his eyes tightly or just try and block out the thought of him being in the car. He still has the feeling he would get in another accident, but he's afraid that him and Robbie would be in an accident.

But even though Robbie tried his hardest to be there for Eli it just makes him miss his dad. But on the bright side Eli has had some bonding time with Robbie by just watching movies or just talking about music. But the one thing Eli always has a good thing to look forward to is Lizzies calls. She would always FaceTime him when it was around 7pm. He would always tell her about his day and that he misses her. He would also just listen to her time up in Alaska where she's shooting for Wind River. But she would always tell Eli to go and talk to Robbie more since she can see and tell that he was been feeling alone. She also calls Robbie before she calls Eli so she knows what he's been actually doing and how he's been holding up.

Right now Eli put his ukelele down on the ground next to his bed and looked at the time on his phone. He had to go and get ready for his doctor appointment for them to take out his stitches and to check up on his cast. His appointment is at 2 and the time is 12:55. Since he has the cast on he takes a while to get ready since he cramps and get tired. So he went ahead and started to get ready. The little Olsen went ahead and put on a tank top along with shorts, he then grabbed a zip up jacket and put it on. After he got done getting dressed he went over and sat down on his bed.

Right when he sat down on his bed and heard a knock at his door. "Come in." He said before he picked up his ukelele again. "Hey. Are you ready for your doctor appointment?" Robbie opened the door as he asked. Eli looked over at him and nodded "yeah I just got done getting ready Robbie..when do we have to leave?" Eli asked as he set down his ukelele on his bed. "Oh well we can start heading out now. Since your mom did say we have to show up early to get you checked in early. Also I wanted to see if you wanted to come and hangout with me and the band today" Robbie stated as he leaned against the doorframe. Eli smiled and nodded again "yeah that sounds good. And I'm pretty much ready I just need to put my shoes on..we'll Um shoe that is." Eli said as he looked down at his legs. "Great. I'll go get everything ready. I'll meet you downstairs bud." Robbie said with a smile as he then walk out of the doorway and downstairs.

Eli smiled a bit before he got back up and hopped over and grabbed a sock and shoe. Right when he grabbed them he hopped back over to his bed and put on his sock and shoe. Right when he was done he got up and started to head downstairs. Again he took his time and went slowly down the stairs. He heard Robbie go in and out of the house getting everything ready. Eli didn't think much of it but he then started to head out to the car. Right when Eli went to the car he opened the car door and slowly got inside and took a deep breath. He felt the nerves start to rise but he knew he was going to be safe. So he just chilled his mind and closed his eyes and started to try to drift asleep.

Time skip

Eli and Robbie where both in the waiting room in the doctors office. Eli kept bouncing his leg and started to pick at his nails. Robbie noticed Elis nerves kicking in so her put his hand over Elis hands. Eli looked at Robbie with a confused look as Robbie game him a reassuring smile. "Your ok. Everything will be fine. You really are your mothers son. You have her nervous perks." Robbie said as he then put an arm around Eli. Eli smiled and leaned into Robbie "Im just scared that they will find something else wrong with me Robbie.. plus momma told me the same exact thing when we where filming." Robbie rubbed Elis arm "well you'll be fine. Plus me and your mother are here for you. Even though she's not here with us she's always going be there for you. Like now I'm here for you. And everything will be ok. Don't let your mind play any tricks on you ok bud." Robbie stated as he smiled down at Eli. "Ok Da-R-Robbie.." Eli said as he did a little sigh. Robbie kissed the top of his head and just kept on rubbing Elis arm.

Mini time skip

Eli and Robbie where both in a room waiting for the doctor to come and check on Eli and take out his stitches that went to the top of his stomach to his chest. "Robbie I'm scared.." Eli said as he looked at Robbie with a terrified look. Robbie looked at Eli with a sad smile he then got up and walked over to him and put his hand on his leg. "It will be ok. I'm going be here with you the whole time. I'm not going to leave you." Robbie stated. Eli smiled a bit before he took a deep breath in then let it out. "O-ok.." Eli said as he started to slowly relax.

There was a knock at the door, Robbie and Eli both looked at the door. The doctor soon came in and smiled "Good afternoon. How are you guys? My name is Dr. Lenard." He said with a smile. "Hello. We are good just trying to get through the day. Right kiddo?" Robbie said with a smile. "Y-yeah."Eli said with a little smile. "Aren't we all? Well Mr. Elijah how are you feeling do you have any pain anywhere in your leg or where your stitches are?" Dr. Lenard asked as he walked over to Eli after he got done washing his hands. Robbie went over to sit back down as he watched them. "Nope no hurting or pain anywhere where the stitches are. My leg throbs when it rains though. I don't know why though." Eli said as he looked down at his leg.

"Ahh. That's normal Elijah. I still have pain in my shoulder when it rains. I broke my shoulder when I was 17 playing soccer but I healed. The weather just effects us I guess." Dr Lenard said with a chuckle. Eli smiled a bit before he let out a nervous huff. "Ok I'm going to get right into taking your stitches out. Can you take off your jacket and shirt for me while I get the tools out?" He asked as he patted Elis leg. "Y-yeah." Eli said before he slowly started to take off his jacket and tank top. Robbie gave him a smile along with a thumbs up. Eli looked over at him and smiled.

Dr. Lenard walked back over to Eli with a small medical scissors and tweezers. "Ok this won't hurt if it does then tell me ok?" He said as he looked at Eli. "O-ok.." Eli said nervously as he looked over at the wall. Dr. Lenard soon started to cut the stitches, he was very quick about cutting them so he could hurry up and take out the wiring. "Ok all down with the cutting. Now this is going to feel a little bit funny. Again if you feel any type of pain tell me." He stated as he then started to take OI the first stitches. Eli did a little huff, as he felt the first stitches come out he did a little shiver. "T-that feels weird!..it tickles a little though" Eli said a with a small giggle. "That's good. At least it doesn't hurt." Robbie said with a smile. Dr Lenard then went along and took out all 15 stitches out of Eli. "Ok and your all done! No more stitches for you!" He said with a smile as he went and threw away all the wiring from the stitches.

"Thank the lord!" Eli said with a smile. "Now you Mister are going to come back in 2 months from now to get your cast off. And after your cast is off then you won't have to see me anymore." Dr Lenard said with a smile. "2 more months? That seems to longgg" Eli said tiredly. "Well your leg needs to heal. And from your X-rays that I received it's only a fracture. If it was actually snapped in half then you would have to be in that cast for about 4 more months." Dr. Lenard stated. Elis eyes widened "Woah now that seems like a lot." Eli blurted out. Robbie chuckled at him as he went over to go help Eli put his tank top back on.

"Yes it is long. Now Dad do you have any concerns or questions about your son?" Dr Lenard asked Robbie. Robbie looked at him before he shook his head "Nope nothing that concerns me or anything." Robbie said. Eli looked at Robbie with a small smile before he looked down at his hands. "Well it seems like you two are now able to go. I'll see you two in 2 more months. Now if anything happens to your sons cast. Like if it gets wet or anything then call I'm so we can get his cast back in check. Other than that I hope you two have a good rest of the day." Dr Lenard said as he then left the room leaving the door open.

Robbie went over to help Eli off the table and gave him his crutches. "You didn't correct him about you being my dad.." Eli said as he looked at Robbie then down at the ground. "Well. You are my son even though we aren't blood related. I'm always going to be here for you and still take care of you like my son. Because I love you no matter what Elijah." Robbie said with a smile. Eli looked up at Robbie with some tears in his eyes as he smiled "T-Thank you Robbie.." Eli said as he sniffled. "No problem bud. Now let's get out of here. I know your mother is dying to get a call from you." Robbie stated. Eli smiled and started to walk out of the room "yeah yeahhh. She worries to much even if she's not here." Eli giggled. "That she does." Robbie said as he chuckled. The both of them then started to head out and go along with the day by going to go to Robbies band meet up and playing instruments.