Chapter 19 - Nice To Meet You

Wednesday, March 11th

"Brad I'm so so scared" I said clutching his intertwined fingers with mine tighter.

I was meeting my dad, for the first time since I was put into care years and years ago.

Surprisingly I was somewhat excited but then again there was so many questions, like why did he abandon me?

"You'll be okay baby! I'm here, but remember I have that group at 2, so I might have to leave"

The thought of me being left with my dad scared me slightly, I don't know who the hell he is. He could be a psychopath for all I know.

"We're here" Brad said pulling me away from looking at the ground as we entered a little cafe where me and my dad had arranged to meet.

My hand started to get clammy and it began shaking within Brads.

"Mila you're sweating" The soft breath from whisper in my ear trailed down my neck.

"I'm not sweating" I laughed slightly, rolling my eyes jokingly and rubbing my palms on my jeans.

"I'm just nervous" Just as I finished my sentence Brad engulfed me into a hug, making me feel safe.

"Sweaty Betty" He mocked making me laugh to myself.

"You're an idiot, get off me" I moaned with a grin as he obliged my comment.

He lead to a table before reading the menu and heading to the counter.

"Be fast" I stated, not wanting to be left alone incase my dad soon appeared.

Just as I asked, Brad returned quickly to the table carrying a cup of tea for him and a mug of hot chocolate topped with marshmallows and cream for me.

"Thank you" I smiled after taking a sip, then taking the side spoon and feeding Brad a mouthful of whipped cream.

He giggled softly at my actions. The sound filled my ears, I could of sworn it filled the room.

His grin soon dropped. I sent a confused look at I heard the bell ring signalling the door to the cafe had opened.

I turned around to see something expected, yet it was still so unexpected.

"That's him isn't it?" Brad asked over my shoulder as I turned back round to face him.

"Y-ye, Brad I-er, I can't"

"Yes you can, you need answers, come on" He replied pushing me back to the seat with his hands on my shoulders.

A few minutes past, Brad was continuing to calm me down by rubbing his thumb over my hand slightly.

"Mila?" A low voice came from behind.

I shut my eyes softly whilst taking a deep breath.

"Dad?" I asked turning back to him.

A soft smile appeared on his face.

"Er sit down, Mr Styles" Brad said, breaking the few moments of silence that passed over us.

He obliged Brads comment as he sat down on a chair on the opposite side from the table.

"Please, call me Tim" He replied sending us a quick smile.

"Mila, you can talk to me you know" He directly sent me a sad smile.

"I know, I er, there's just so many questions running through my head" I admitted to him as Brad gripped my hand tighter.