Thirty Five <3

*3 weeks later, 15th January*

||Josette's POV||

"Rudy I'll see you in a week okay?" I wrap my arms around his waist leaning my head on his chest and his arms tightly wrap around me. His grip was right from not waiting to let me go.

"I don't get why I can't come with you" his voice is whiny like a small child which makes me laugh even though I'm sad too.

"Rudy I just need to go and pack more stuff, spend some time with Dave and then I'll be back and we will be off to London okay? You don't need to come with me just to pack some clothes, I'm more than capable. We don't need to waste money on flights. It's only a week babe" I reassure him and he sighs in defeat knowing he won't win.

"Flight *** to Charleston is now boarding"

"That's my flight, I love you and I'll see you soon okay? Be good while I'm gone" I kiss him on the cheek as he mumbles a goodbye to me and I walk away not looking back knowing I'd be too upset.

-

The flight and drive back home to my apartment goes quick and next think I know I'm going to pick Dave up from my neighbour's apartment and taking him back to my own.

"Hey Davy boy how are you? You've gotten so big!" The big puppy tilts his head to my words as if trying to understand what I'm saying. I take a quick photo with him and send it to Rudy.

Text message

Josie

Look at how big our boy has grown! Missing you already x

Rudy
I miss you both soooo much.
How was your flight? X

Josie
Slept like a baby the whole way :P

Rudy
Glad to hear baby.
I've gotta go, the group want to go out for dinner. I love you x

Josie
Have fun 🖤

"Well Dave, it's just me and you buddy, what would you like to do?" It was around 8pm and there was still some light outside so I figured that me and Dave would go for a walk. I clip him to his lead and we make our way out of the building and down the street to the familiar beach. It felt good to be home, as much as I enjoyed being with Rudy in LA I had missed the quiet streets of Charleston.

I let Dave off of the leash so that he can go for a quick swim and run around before we head back home before dark. The happiness in his face makes my heart swell, to think that he was once an abandoned puppy makes my heart break.