Fifty <3

||Madelyn's POV||

"Josette! It's great to see you, come through. I see you've brought someone new with you today" myself and Josie walk through the small hallway and into a room with the kind doctor who then gives me a smile.

"Oh yes, sorry Rudy has an important meeting so this is my friend Madelyn" the doctor nods at her words and smiles to me.

"It's lovely to meet you Madelyn. I'm glad to see Josette's got so much support around her" this doctor was lovely and I only wish I had one like her when I was younger.

"They're the best. Now I kinda have quite a few questions for today" Josie laughs shyly and I just sit back quietly watch the interaction.

"Let's get the fun part done with first then and we can talk after yea?" Josie's eyes light up before she pulls me across the room and pushes me onto a seat that is next to a bed. Once I'm seated she hops up onto the bed pulling her shirt up to reveal her bump which had gotten so much bigger than I last saw.

"Madelyn just wait until you see this, your mind is going to be blown" Josie's words are excited and I feel the same. "Omg omggggg" I've been waiting for this.

"Is this your first baby scan Madelyn?" The doctor laughs at the excitement both me and Josie have right now. I nod my head eagerly and the screen lights the room. After a few moments the small outline of a baby appears on the screen.

"Oh Josie is that her? She's so beautiful" my voice cracks and the tears in my eyes overflow. The image in front  of me is the most intimate and heartwarming thing that I've experienced. I feel so privileged to be able to experience this.

"Look these are her fingers, these are her toes" Josie points at the screen and tears overflow down my face even more. Looking at the screen I could clearly make out the small child's hands, I was completely and utterly amazed at the sight.

"Oh and this, this is the heart beat" the lady joins in before fiddling with the monitor and a strong rhythmic sound floods the room.

"Oh my gosh Josie she could join a marching band with a heart like that, it's beautiful" I laugh through my tears and Josie smiles at me nodding. This was the most amazing thing I've ever experienced. The doctor prints a few photos handing them to Josie before turning the monitor off and the lights back on.

"Well I'm a mess so I'm going to go clean myself up while you guys talk. I'll meet you out there jojo" I kiss her cheek wiping my tears before leaving the room.

||Josette's POV||

"Well Josette she's growing absolutely perfectly and I'm very happy with how you're both doing. Your iron is still a worry but with carrying on with the medicine it should help improve it slowly" Alexandra looks to me smiling and I feel completely relieved to know that she was okay.

"Now what did you want to talk to me about?" I look down again and the nervousness overtakes my body. I was ashamed to tell her about what happened in London with my mum but I knew it was best for her to know everything that concerned my baby.

"Uhmm, there was a uh, there was an incident in London and I was in the hospital for a few hours being monitored. And I just feel as if it is important to tell you so you were up to date with our medical things you know?" I drop my head in embarrassment but her hand reaches out to my arm.

"Josette you can talk to me. This is an open space and you're safe here. Is everything okay with you and Rudy?..." her voice is implying and I know exactly what she's getting at.

"No no it wasn't Rudy! Rudy's great. It was umm it was my mum, we go into a fight and I got hit which caused me to lose balance and fall because I'm clumsy. But she didn't know I was pregnant. We aren't in contact anymore though" I find myself making up shitty excuses for my mother's poor actions and I feel disappointed with myself.

"Oh Josette I'm so sorry, no one should go through that. However I'm glad you told me and I'm glad the doctors treated you properly over there. But I can assure you that the baby is absolutely perfect" her voice is sympathetic but reassuring at the same time and I'm thankful.

"Thank you so much. And next thing, Rudy kinda sprung it on me this morning, typical male. He had filming to do in Barbados in May for 2 months and he has asked me to go along with him...."

"Wow that's definitely something big for someone that would be 7-8 months pregnant-" she's cut off by my phone ringing and I look down to see Rudy calling me. I apologise to Alexandra before quickly answering it.

"Babe I'm in the appointment right now"

"Put Dr Walker on please"

I give her a confused look before passing the phone over to her.

"Yes, hi Rudy we were just about to discuss that"

"Yes I do have experience in medical care, I was a nurse for 5 years before changing to specialising in pregnancy"

"Wow that's a very generous offer"

"Are you sure? There is probably others over there to contact"

"I would be honoured but it is a very big offer"

"Okay Rudy I have a few things to sort here and I'd need a contract to sign but I'm in. Thank you"

The call ends and I look to her with my head tilted in confusion. I genuinely had completely no idea what that call was about and I was worried.

"So Rudy has proposed that if you're able to come and join him in Barbados then his director would like to hire me as their travelling medical staff for on set. This would also mean that I can be there for you and the baby to resume with our medical checkups" The offer is also new to me but I know why Rudy has done it and I am extremely grateful.

"Truth is we don't trust anyone else with our baby honestly. And you are the most amazing medical staff I've met. Would you consider it?" I cross my fingers in hope that she says yes because truthfully I also didn't want to be left here alone for months.

"Of course I'll do it Josette id be honoured" I sigh out a big breath of relief.

"Thank you so so much Alexandra. I'll get on to Rudy about drawing up a contract and get back to you ASAP" I pull her into a hug that she gladly accepts.

"Wow I can't believe I'm getting this opportunity. Thank you so much" she smiles at me and I grin back at her.

"I'll speak to you soon!" I give her a wave before exiting the clinic to find Mads waiting for me.

"Looks like we are going to Barbados baby" Madelyn's eyes go wide and she starts squealing. This was going to be an adventure.

A/N
Hello my loves, is there anything that you guys wanted to know about me? I really want to get to know you all better. Also I am so bloody tired right now I need a week long nap tbh. Work fricken suckssss.
Please vote, comment and share.

- J x