Forty Five <3

*4 days later*

||Josette's POV||

The last four days had been spent sight seeing with Rudy and it had been lovely to just have special time with him. We had been shopping, on the London eye, hamleys and to Trafalgar Square. In the time that we had been here hardly anyone had stopped us to talk to Rudy and it was nice, we felt normal. It was also good for us to get out of the way while my parents were sorting things with Dylan.

We are sitting at the kitchen table eating cereal when my dad and brother walked in to make themselves food.

"Good morning you two, what do you have planned today?" I have a mouth full of food so I look to Rudy for him to answer.

"I don't think we actually have anything planned for today, we haven't quite thought about it yet" he gives my brother a smile and he nods his head at Rudy's answer.

"Could I maybe do something with the three of you today? Your mother and sister are out at some ridiculous photo shoot all day so I'd love to spend some time with the three of you if that's okay?" My dads voice is hesitant and I feel sad that he's embarrassed about asking to spend time with his own family.

"Of course dad we'd love to. Why don't we go to the fish farm like we always used to?" I give him a smile and I can see the relief on his face.

"Oh my god I haven't been there in years!" Dylan piped up making me laugh. He was right, my dad used to always take me and Dylan there as kids because my mum would always be too busy with Lizzy. It was always our special place.

"Well that's settled. Rudy have you ever been to a fish farm? It's basically a big garden like place that you can just walk around looking and feeding the fish. These two loved it as kids" my dad smiles as if he is letting the memory's replay in his head.

"I actually haven't so I'm pretty excited to be honest. I love anything to do with nature and animals" Rudy smiles and I know that will only make my dad and brother like Rudy more. We loved nature and animals but my mother and sister wanted nothing to do with it saying it was all dirty and unhygienic.

-

We finished breakfast and got ready before we all bundled into my dads jeep. It was obviously a newer and more fancy model of my own. Rudy and I sat in the back letting my brother ride shotgun. The ride there was spent with the 3 boys chatting about fishing which made me drift off into a light sleep.

"Jo we are here!" My brothers loud voice pulls me from my sleep and I internally curse at the use of the nickname. He holds out a bag of fish pellets in front of my face letting me know that we had already gained entrance to the fish farm. Dylan helps me out of the car and I see my dad walking ahead talking with Rudy which makes me smile.

"Did you sort things with mum?" I look upto my brother as we trail behind keeping a distance.

"Kinda, she knows I'm serious about not getting married but I told her last night about moving with you and she's pissed. Yelled at me and stormed off to bed, haven't seen it spoken to her since" he scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

"Oh don't worry you're lucky, that means she cares. She basically aided me onto the plane happily sending me away" he gave me a sympathetic smile.

"I feel bad for dad though Jo, he's been different this last year. He's so unhappy. I feel guilty leaving him here alone with those two" I can tell Dylan's voice is serious and I actually agree.

"So we give him the option to leave with us" I look at him shortly before we catch up with them. Rudy slings his arm around my shoulder as we come to a stop before sitting around a picnic bench.

"This place is so cool, I wish we had somewhere like this in LA" I nod agreeing with Rudy, I guess I did miss things like this.

"So dad, how are things with you and mum?" I turn to him and he looks away at loss for words.

"Dylan will you and Rudy go and get me an orange juice and some crisps from the cafe?" I look to brother and he gives me a knowing look before agreeing. Rudy gives me a kiss on the head before they both get up to leave. It takes a few minutes of deep silence for my dad to speak up.

"Josie I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I've let your mother and sister treat you so badly over the years-" I cut him off before he can go any further.

"Dad I don't care about that. It's not your fault okay. All I care about is how you are. Yes she treats me like shit but I see how she treats you as well. You deserve to be happy too" my heart breaks at the thought of how unhappy he probably is.

"Josie, it's okay. I'm fine" his poor attempt at lying frustrates me.

"Dad I'm pregnant and I'd really like for you to be in your granddaughters life but there is no way I'm having Caroline around my daughter" emotion overcomes me and I feel tears pooling in my eyes threatening to spill over. I look across the table at him and he takes my hands in his own.

"Oh Josie darling, come here" he stands up pulling me into a hug and the tears spill over my eyes. I don't remember the last time I hugged him like this, my mother never liked it.

"Dad I really need you in this time of my life, I know how unhappy you are here, mum treats you like shit and you deserve so much better. Come with me and Dylan back to LA please?" I know it's a long shot but I throw the idea at him.

"Josie I want nothing more than to move with you and your brother but what am I supposed to do about Lizzy? I can't abandon her here with your mother" I pull away from him in frustration.

"Dad Lizzy is exactly like her! Hell I know it's a horrible thing to say but are you even sure she's your child?!" I say this jokingly but he stays silent before looking down.

"Oh fuck off" I shake my head and pace up and down the pavement and he sits back on the bench. A few metres away I see Rudy and Dylan approaching us.

"Did you know about this? About Lizzy?" Dylan approaches me furrowing his eyebrows letting me know his answer.

"What about Lizzy? What's going on?" Dylan and Rudy place the items onto the table and Rudy returns to my side trying to comfort me seeing that I'm upset.

"Here I am telling him about his granddaughter asking him to come with us so that he can be happy" I point at him with my voice slightly raised before continuing "and he says no because he can't leave Lizzy and then do you know what I figure out? She's not even his fucking child!" Dylan looks just as pissed off as me and Rudy's phone begins to ring.

"Babe I need to take this" I wave him off before turning back to my dad and brother.

"Dad what the fuck man?" Dylan has disappointment heavy in his voice.

"Are you seriously giving up your happiness and your grandchild for a kid that isn't even yours?" My voice cracks and more tears fall.

"You're right okay. Look I'll think about it. If I do join you guys it won't be for a few months because I have things to sort out here okay? I want to join you and I will just give me time please" Dylan and I simply look at each other. This family really was fucking dysfunctional.

A/N
Hello my loves. Do y'all have any pets? I love animals, I have 4 dogs and they're my lives. Anyways, hope you're having a good day.
Vote, comment and share <3

- J x