Forty Six <3

||Rudy's POV||

The rest of our time out is spent calmly and it was nice. You could tell that there was some tension between the three of them but they were trying their best.

"I'm sorry I didn't say it earlier because we got caught up in other things but I'm really happy that you guys are starting your own family. You're going to make great parents" he dad pats me on the back and I give him a grateful smile.

"Thank you dad, that means a lot" I know Josie is telling the truth and I'm happy for her that she at least has two family members who are supportive of her. Although her dad has done some wrong, I liked the man and I knew he was trying. He was different to her mother, when her mom looked at her it was filled with disgust. But from today the proudness and admiration that I saw in her dads eyes when her face would lighten up seeing the fish eat showed me that he cared for her.

"I don't mean to spoil the fun but do you guys mind if we make our way back home now? I feel exhausted. Baby girl kept me up last night" the tiredness in Josie's eyes show and she rubs her stomach and reveals her bump.

"Of course. How many months are you?" Her dads eyes linger on her bump as we turn around making our way back to the car. I put my arm around her in support as we walk.

"I'm basically 14 weeks so thats what? Just over 3 months?" I nod at her letting her know that she was correct with her maths.

"That's great Josie, and a little baby girl? Is everything healthy? Do you need any money or anything?" Her dad quizzes and her head quickly shakes.

"Everything's health dad but we are okay, we don't need anything. We've got this don't we Rudy?" She looks to me for support.

"She's right, we've got this. Thank you so much for the offer though" I give him a smile and he simply nods in respect.

We reach the car and Josie falls asleep in seconds and I rest my hand upon her stomach rubbing it in small circles the way I know she likes. The car ride lasts around 25 minutes and before I know it I'm having to wake Josie up as we arrive at her house.

"Babe we are home, let's get you to bed" her dad and brother watch our interaction as she groans stepping out of the car.

"What are you lot staring at? Can't a girl get some sleep?" She grumbles and her dad pushes the front door open and we enter the house.

"Jo you were snoring so bad!" Dylan throws his head back in laughter which me and her dad join in much to her despite. It was true she was snoring.

"You guys are such liars! I don't snore!" Josie protests folding her arms making us laugh more before being sharply cut off by her mom.

"What is going on here? I have been calling you all day Joseph and here I find you acting like a child. Where have you been?!" She's clearly full of anger and her voice is loud. She's calling him a child because he's laughing over a joke? What was this woman? The fun police? Before I can stop her Josie walks forward approaching her mum. This isn't going to be any good.

"He was out spending time with his daughter. His actual daughter might I add. Got a problem with that?" Her voice is feisty and her mums face drains of colour.

"Excuse me? What the hell did you just say to me Josette?" Her moms voice is full of disgust and her dad tries to pull her arm back.