Fight

*19 years ago*

*19 years ago*

Adam was four, Jay was eight and Will was eleven

Will was reading a book on the couch. I could hear Jay and Adam playing in the backyard. When Adam was born I moved into a three bedroom house. It was bigger more space for the two boys to run around. I was sitting beside Will in the living room going through emails. I hear the boys get louder and start yelling, causing me sigh. I get up walking out onto the back deck seeing them fighting. Just as I get there I see Jay kick Adam causing him to fall and start crying. I knew without a doubt Adam gave as good as he got. Jays cheek was bruised and bleeding. I rush downstairs as Adam who's crying goes to jump at Jay. I catch Adam in my arms who struggles. "Enough" i say making the immediately stop. Adam goes limp on me just crying. Jays lips quiver. Sighing I stand up placing Adam on my right him as he wouldn't let go and is now hysterically crying. The kid is being dramatic now. But his my dramatic boy. I pick Jay up placing him on my left side as he wouldn't walk. The moment Adam becomes aware of this he tries to push his brother out of my arms. "If we are going to fight you will walk up to your room" I snap making them both stop. Adam starts crying again, Jay just has tears in his eyes. I place them both on the kitchen counter "if I see any hands touch each other you will be in trouble" I warn grabbing the first aid kit from below the sink. Both boys nod glancing at each other.

I get to work on cleaning up Jays cut "what happened" "Adam wasn't listening" "I was you weren't listening" Adam snaps back pouting "enough" I snap finishing cleaning Jays cheek. "You are brother I don't want to be breaking up a fight everyday" they look away "look if you can't get along you will be up in your rooms" they both pout not liking at idea "now are you both good" they don't look at me "now no tv or games for a week" "mumma" Adam moans not liking that idea "no you want to fight your brother that's what happens" I cross my arms daring him to challenge me. I help them both down before allowing them to go read or something.

I was making dinner when I hear yelling. I walk to the door to see Adam jumping on the couch beside Will "play with me" Adam demands throwing himself on Will causing Will to groan. Will pushes Adam away getting up only to have Adam jump on me "go away" Will tells him walking. I sigh watching Will leave Adam. I head back over checking on the dinner before walking upstairs to grab some clothes to put the laundry on. "Leave me alone" I hear Will yell I walk over to see Adam had now recruited Jay to get to Will. I cross my arms "go to your room both of you" they jump at my voice I lift Will up checking if he was ok. "I think Adam is jealous of how you and Jay are" I tell him "but that doesn't make it right so I will talk to them" "don't I don't want them in trouble" I smile at my sons kind heart "they hurt you and wouldn't leave them alone" I exclaim "it's ok" I shake my head "it's not Will they shouldn't be pushing anyone and should listen when someone says no or go away" "I'll play with them" I sigh "you have a beautiful heart Will don't ever loose that" I kiss his head "but I still have to talk to him" he sigh leaning back. I walk into the boys room seeing them on their bed. "We just wanted to play" Adam exclaimed panicking "I know but we got to remember that we don't push each other" I glance at Jay "and we don't bug them if they say no maybe try later they maybe busy" I look at Adam. I sit on the floor between their beds holding my arms out for them, they immediately jump into my arms. "I want you to say sorry to Will both of you" I give them a stern look "Will doesn't want you in trouble your brother has a big and kind heart like the two of you" I point out "if you want to play with him you ask" I ask inform them. "Your still in trouble for fighting and I'm not happy what you did to Will" I kiss both their heads "you have each other don't push each other away" I tell them before letting them up the two run across the hall into Wills room "I'm sorry will" "sorry will" they both say "can you play with us" Will glances at me before nodding "yeah" my two younger boys gleam in delight. They rush past me "they look up to you think your awesome remember that" I say kissing Wills forehead.