Sick

*twelve years ago*Jack is six, Adam is thirteen, Jay is seventeen, Will is twenty

*twelve years ago*
Jack is six, Adam is thirteen, Jay is seventeen, Will is twenty

I lay in a hospital bed. I had wires and all sorts of machines hooked up to me. I was pale as a ghost and had absolutely no energy. I try to move my stiff neck to see who knocked on the door, but ultimately end up just moving my eyes. "How you doing" he walks over kissing my head "weak...what are you doing Henry" "check on my friend" I weakly smile or do my best to. It's hard to smile when your days are so grim. "You have two kids at home" "they are at school I couldn't just leave it after hearing you were rushed here last night" I sigh looking up at him "what happened" "I was vomiting blood Jay found me passed out on the floor unconscious...according to the paramedics I wasn't breathing when they got there" he nods moving my hair out of my face "how are my babies" "Jays taking good care of them" he smiles at me "but they are worried i have been going around making sure they are ok" I want to nod but my neck won't moves so I just watch him "adam is crying a lot I don't think jack properly understands which just makes Adam more upset. Jay is upset but his burying it good trying to protect his brothers" he informs me "Will" I ask my voice raspy and weak "he knows but it doesn't sound like his coming back" I sigh. I didn't know what I expected he's his fathers son. "Justin is upset to" I look back over at him "Erin doesn't get it she doesn't know you but Justin does he tries to hide it" "but we know him" my voice reminding us of the severity of the situation. "I will bring them by later" he smiles at me "don't you have work" "don't have to go into the office" he shrugs sitting down beside the bed. I spent a couple hours just listening to him talk to weak to talk myself.

"Mumma" Adam races in with Justin beside him climbing onto either side of the bed. "Careful of the wires" Henry warns "I was so worried" I weakly move my hand up to his face. He grabs my arm moving it to his face holding it there. Thankfully he did cause I didn't have the energy to hold it up. "Are you ok" Justin asks clearly just as worried "better now" I say as Henry places Jack on the bed "I miss you mummy" he lays his head on my stomach carful of the wires. I glance at Jay seeing him standing by the door. "Hey kiddo how bout we go find some food and drink" Henry said picking Justin up causing him to frown. Much to Justin's dismay Henry pushes him out of the room. "Hey kiddo" I weakly say to Jay who weakly smiles before sighing and walking in. I move my hand from Adam who immediately frowns and let it flop in front of Jay who grabs it, giving it a light squeeze. "Wills not coming" I try to weakly smile "I know" he nods I let out a cough causing my body to jolt "you are so brave my beautiful boy" he kisses my hand "I was so worried mum" I sigh feeling pain in my body "I know but everything will work out" I take a deep breath feeling completely out of breath "let Henry help you can't do it alone Jay" he squeezes my hand "I can do it" I sigh "I know but you are finishing school" "someone has to take jack and Adam" he argues "mumma wants you all to go to school" I sigh out moving my head sightly "Dylan said your going to die" jack said "no she's not" Adam shouted while Jay went silent "what's with the shouting I can't hear you down the hall" Henry ask as he comes in with drinks for everyone. "Jack thinks mumma is going to die she's now" Adam said distraught I move my hand running it through his hair. "Shes gong to die" Justin exclaimed panicked "you can't die my mum already died your all I have left you can't" Justin as he to started to cry. Sighing "she's not going to die she's the strongest woman I know" Henry told them trying to calm the boys. But it didn't work.

Eventually Adam fell asleep against me, Justin asleep on my other side not as high up on me as Adam. Both tired from crying.Jack had fallen asleep on my stomach just below some wires but Henry had to move him to couch as nurse couldn't get to me properly. Thankfully the other two boys were perfectly positioned for now. Jay was sitting in a more comfortable chair. "I'm going to take the boys" Henry broke the silence. "No" Jay said stubbornly "Jay" i tried to speak but my voice was raspy and I was trying to not wake the sleepy three. "Will will come back" Jay said we both knew he wouldn't. He wasn't leaving New York. "Jay" I try again. "You can't raise two boys one of which is six the other is thirteen" Henry said sternly "I can do this mumma I can do help" I slowly move my hand "Henry can help Jay let him" I catch his hand in my somehow "you are the best help" I weakly smile "but Henry is going to take one of them at most I don't want you failing cause your fighting with Adam or have to pick your brother up" I say "work together" "want me to take Adam" Henry asks Jay "we both know his going to be the most stubborn and I already have Justin they are friends" "remember you also have Erin" who I still have yet to meet and none of my children have met either. Henry has told me about her and I do want to meet her, if Henry likes her I will. "If you want I can take Jack I don't mind I can pick him up or have Trudy they both can come to the station...you can pick one up from there" "no" he tries to argue "Jay your mother is sick in hospital don't let your stubbornness worry her more" Henry snaps making Jay step back nodding "Jay your still in charge of them until I'm out just with help" he nods smiling kissing my head. Nurses suddenly come in they pause taking in the sight before them. Me with two children on either side asleep. "We are either going to have to move them or are we waking them " one nurse asks looking at Jay and Henry. Jay jumps up knowing Adam will be the worst if we wake him, worse because I can't comfort him. Jay picks Adam up who groan in his sleep but eventually wraps his arms around Jay snuggling close to him. Times like this in grateful for the guy days we have. Grateful that I taught all my boys techniques to move unconscious people. It was more fear than anything else but I needed to know they knew. I smile at the sight Jay looking out for his younger brother, a sight I don't see often. I sight I love. I feel the bed shift and turn to see Henry holding Justin in his arms. Henry turns and places Justin on the couch by Jack. "You can put Adam down there room" "no" me and Jay both say "believe us when I say he is the worst when he is woken up and mum can't comfort him so he will scream and cry until he can't no more" Jay informed him as the nurses move around me swapping IVs, hooking up cords. Jay just stood watching rocking side to side with his younger brother in his arms. "Is he heavy" a nurse asked he shakes his head "no" Jay shakes his head but I can tell his getting heavy. I watch as Jay shifts Adam before going back to rocking.