Comfort

I drive the dark streets with tears dripping down my face

I drive the dark streets with tears dripping down my face. I think I was more in shock than anything else. They were hurt so they were taking it out on everyone, not the first time one of my children have taken their pain out on someone else. I pull up beside the curb in front of the two story house. Turning the car off before getting out, I only had my keys purse and phone. I open the back door seeing a very tired Denise. It was late very late. I pick her up, I don't know how she's still awake. She places her head on my shoulder, her arms loosely around me. I close the door before locking the car and walking up to the house. I knock on the door shifting her her weight as I wait. "Aunt Lillie" "why do you alway answer the door" I smile as he laughs allowing me inside. "Dad told me the good news congrats" I smile "always knew there was a little thing" I laugh as he takes Denise from my arms. She snuggles into him. "What are you doing here gracing me with your presents" "your dad here" "should be...want me to get him I'll get him" he walks upstairs with Denise in his arms. I look around the house smiling at the photo of all the kids me Henry and Camille, the happier times. "Are you ok Justin said you looked upset and he has Denise" Henry said the moment he came in, Justin behind him. "Let's just say it didn't go over perfect" "what did they do" he demanded clearly angry, I notice Justin not looking to happy either. Tears threaten to fall again making me sigh. "It was fine at least I thought it was" "you told Jay and Adam today" he questioned Justin sitting down Denise clearly now asleep on him. I nod "how did they take it" "good I thought they went out drinking while I told everyone else who was ecstatic....especially that one she's pumped to no longer be the youngest" I point to Denise causing the two males to smile tears slowly dripping down my face. "Jay and Adam came back they were so mean" the tears drip fast and fast down my face. "We all tried the older boys more but then it started getting worse I wanted Denise out of there I didn't want to leave Nia and Jack I know Sam and Dean can handle themselves" I shake my head "they didn't want something to go wrong with me or the baby" that confused them "when I was pregnant with Jack i had heart issues he was born early my heart being partly responsible....it's why I go to Connor weekly" they nod "you need to calm down" "bit hard when I'm so worried about what's going on in my house" "they are probably asleep now stay here rest" Justin shrugged "you can stay as long as you like" Henry reassured me "beside it will be fun to have her here" he adds "oh yeah my new partner in crime" "you get her in trouble I swear" Justin pouts as Henry laughs "I wouldn't dare I'm an Angel" Justin said holding his chest "I never knew angels went to prison" I mock causing him to roll his eyes laughing "I have to get back home make sure Jack and Nia still go to school" "I'll stop past on my way to work spend the day here relax" Henry told me "yeah spend the day with your favourite godson" "while Henry deals with his" "I'll have them put on patrol if they keep going" "oh they can move if they can't move on" I snap. "If they can't move on they won't be apart of this baby or my life" "Lillie" Justin said carefully "you and I both know you can't survive long without those kids and they can't without you...always envied that about Adam" I look at him confused as he stood up with Denise in his arms "that he had you" I watch him walk away upstairs before following with Henry to get some sleep.

I hold Denise hand walking down the street beside Justin. I had decided to keep her home after the long night she had. She was holding my hand and Justin's hand as she skipped along the sidewalk. I tell you she had settled in perfectly, friends with everyone. "There not home Lillie stop worrying dad messaged before saying they were there...he also added that they were clearly hungover" I smile over at him.

We were now at my home. Justin was playing with Denise, he really did stay close. She was his partner in crime. I was busy organising clothes and putting them away, mainly just mine and Denise's I put everyone else's in their room to do. I was sitting on the floor in my room in my own world. I knew Justin would look after Denise. "Mum" I scream in fright jumping I spin to see Jay there my eyes widen in realisation "Denise" I jump up "is still with Justin who wouldn't let Adam up I went around the back" Jay tried to calm me I cross my arms across my chest "did you mean it" I ask seeing Adam Justin and Denise who runs right over to me. "No no Will told me everything I promise I didn't mean any of it" I slowly nod "so you casually just drink and want to tear our family apart" I snap making him frown and sigh "mumma" Adam tries I hold my hand up feeling Denise hug my legs, Justin sent me a nod I don't know what message he was trying to convey. "I need to know right now are you both going to ok with this baby" Adam scowls Jay shrugs "yeah" Jay said like he was trying to convince himself I knew he would be ok with time it's the one behind that I didn't know about. "Will you" I ask him he looks away making me nod "this baby is just as important as you and has a massive family of love surrounding it if you can't handle it then I need you to leave because I can't have you hurting your siblings" "mumma" "no do you not understand what you both did you scared Denise you verbal attacked nia and hurt everyone else I can't take my seven year old out of her home every time you get mad or drunk. That goes for both of you" I glance between them "every single person who comes into this house is family I have alway said that...Nia, Sam, Dean, Denise, Justin they are family just as much as you if not more given I'm quiet mad at you both" I shake "yes I'm family" I shoot Justin a glare causing him to shut up. Adam still doesn't speak "then leave because this baby is being born and is going to be loved" "what about you you almost died" "but I didn't and I won't this time so can you be ok with this or is it going to be a probably" "I don't know" I slowly nod "well then until you decide I think we should put some distance I need to look out for Denise Nia and Jack" "I won't hurt them" I scoff "really Denise is terrified because of what you both did...Nia is fearful that this family she thought she finally had is breaking apart. Have either of you spoken to Jack because Henry got a message from Al saying he was over there wanting to know if he knew. I haven't even spoken to him because he isn't talking to anyone. I know Sam and Dean drive back to Kansas early this morning they stopped past to say bye. So unless you have anything else to add I think it's best you leave while I try repair this family that is clearly broken" Adam storms out I think the realisation finally hit him. Jay kneels down "neeise" he said softly "I'm sorry if I scared you last night" "why did you shout and say mean things" she may be sassy and witty but you have to remember she is seven. "I was scared for mum think Adam is more scared than me" I smile even when they aren't on the same side his still being a good big brother, she nods before hugging him. "I am sorry mum" I nod "I know I can tell just like I can tell adams only acting this way because his scared to loose me. But I can't keep making excuses there has to be consequences and i can't be so stressed my heart might give out" he looks guilt as if he suddenly realised why they made me leave. I walk over hugging him "you have a kind heart Jay don't let it cloud your judgment despite what Will tells you you are smart all of you are" he nods into my arm. Holding me tightly.