THIRTY-FOUR

cl coming out with some bops purrr 😻 anyways, enjoy! x

Two days before MAMA, Bella decided to pay her parents a visit. She hadn't seen them in so long and she thought it'd be nice to see her family before the big performance.

Bella sat at the counter island beside her mother. The two chatted and laughed with each other while preparing some home made udon noodles for lunch soon.

"Oh yeah, mom! I forgot to tell you something." said Bella as she kneaded the dough in her hands.

Her mom hummed, waiting for her to respond.

"I'm going to be performing at MAMA in two days." the young girl grinned at her mother, who turned to look at her in shock.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I'm excited and also really nervous. It's gonna be a really big crowd and I haven't performed with a crowd this big since the last MAMA 2NE1 was at. Or even our All Or Nothing tour." The Kwon felt herself shudder. She was extremely nervous. She was worried about getting boo'ed off stage or having things thrown at her.

Kwon Giran, Bella's mom, stopped what she was doing and gave her daughter a look. "Honey, I know you're feeling nervous and all. But don't let that stop you from having fun and feeling good again."

Bella huffed sadly, "But what if they don't love me the same like they used to?" She lazily rolled the dough on the counter that was covered in flour, splattered all over the place.

"Well, if they don't then they aren't your real fans." Giran patted her daughters cheek, leaving a smudged handprint.

"Mom!" Bella groaned and attempted to wipe off the residue with her shoulder. She only got half of it off. The whole time, Giran could only snicker at her daughter. Like almost everyone else, she enjoyed teasing her.

Just then, Bella's text tone went off. She continued rolling the dough as she leaned over to her left to sneak a glance at her phone. It was a text from Seulgi - and Bella couldn't stop herself from smiling so hard. She could see the selfie Seulgi had took and sent to her through the small preview on her lockscreen.

She really liked the girl from Red Velvet. She was beautiful, down to earth, talented – just the perfect kind of person for Bella.

Giran noticed her daughter smiling at her phone, she couldn't help but try to snoop and see what she was smiling about.

"Who's that?" The sound of her mother's voice startled Bella and she almost fell off her seat.

"Fu- Gosh mom! Don't scare me like that!" Bella brought her right hand and placed it over her heart, where she could feel it beating fast and hard. Giran continued to look at her daughter, waiting for her to answer her question. "It's no one, mom."

"Yeah sure, your ears are definitely not turning red."

"Mom..."

Giran shrugged with a shake of her head, "Dami was the same... and Jiyong... and now you. The three of you aren't good liars. Your father and I both raised you since you were kids, and you never got away with a lie."

Bella remained silent.

"Is it a boy?"

"Uh, no."

"A girl then?"

Bella pursed her lips, and Giran knew right away that it most definitely was a girl.

"Is she someone you like?"

"Maybe..." Bella finished rolling the dough and placed it on her mom's cutting board where she finished cutting up the last dough she rolled.