TWENTY-SEVEN

A few days later, Bella decided to head back home to see her parents. As soon as she spotted her mom, she began to cry, which scared the poor, older woman.

"Oh- why are you crying? Do you need milk hun?" The mother cupped her daughter's face, cracking a small smile when Bella returned her question with a glare.

Bella frowned and wiped her tears away, "I am not that much of a baby... Why does everyone baby me?"

"I don't know, hun. But what I do know, is that it's good you're not a baby anymore because Mama Kwon is no longer developing milk in her breasts." The older Kwon patted Bella's cheek and ushered her daughter inside.

Bella blinked hard, "Mom... T-M-I."

The two entered the family home, Bella did not hesitate to walk straight to the kitchen.

"What is there to eat?" She asked, roughly opening the refrigerator's door.

"Nothing," answered her mother. "We're poor."

Bella slammed the fridge door closed, "Mom... You got a rich husband and three rich kids: a fashion designer and two celebrities. What do you mean 'we're poor'?"

"I just haven't gone grocery shopping yet is all."

"Well, let's go right now then."

The mother shook her head, "I called your sister to take me today and she should be here soon."

Bella shrugged, "Alright, we shall wait for big sis to arrive then."

👑

"Miyeon, what brought you home?" asked the oldest Kwon sibling, Dami, as she struggled to push the grocery cart into the frozen section. "And could you please get out of the cart? You aren't food."

Bella mocked her, "Could you please get out of the cart? You aren't food — honey, I'm a 10 course meal. Get your facts straight."

"Yeah, you're heavy as hell. Get out!" Dami demanded sternly, but it did not phase Bella.

"I'm good here." Bella rested her arms on the sides of the cart, smirking at her older sister who looked as if she was ready to murder her at any moment.

"Mom, she's worse than your grandson." Dami looked at her mother for help.

Mama Kwon laughed wholeheartedly, "The kids will be kids, my darling."

"She's twenty-one."

Bella perked up, "I'm 2NE1!"

"2NE1?" A new voice asked.

The Kwons all turned their heads to the owner's voice. It was young man, around his mid-20's.

"Yes, my daughter here, is a member." Bella's mother pointed at her famous daughter, who stayed sitting in the cart. She made no movement as she was busy studying the man's body language, which she noticed wasn't good.

"Oh... the gay one?" The man said with disgust laced in his tone. "What a shame. I'm sorry that your daughter is an abomination to mankind, miss."

Bella was ready to sock the dude in the face, but her sister's hand held her down in the cart. If it weren't for her sister touching her hand, to calm her down, Bella would've jumped out of the cart and tackled the man for insulting her. She didn't understand why people were still against the LGBTQ community. The year was about to end and then there would be another new year. And when you repeat that a few more times, there would be a new decade. Bella hoped the new decade would change certain people's mindset on things, and she also hoped for better things for her friends, family and everyone else.

"No, Miyeon." Dami said, eyes focused on the man. "Excuse me? That's rude and disrespectful."

Their mother nodded in agreement, "It is indeed. How dare you. It's a free world, my daughter can be whatever and whoever the hell she wants!"

"Anything but gay, would have been great. She ruined her band's image and career." The man argued back.

Dami moved towards the man, "No she didn't. She did something good. She was able to come out of the closet and tell everyone who she really was. And because of that, she inspired others to do the same. Which I'm sure, something you can't do." Dami spat in anger.

"Now how about you get out of our sight? We don't need your negativity here." Bella's mother added in.

The man scoffed, "Whatever." He walked away.

"That's right! Walk away you punk!" Dami shouted after the man, who turned around to give the three of them the bird.

Bella almost jumped out of the cart to shove the man's middle finger down his throat, but remained still, knowing it would only make the situation worse. "He's an asshole."

"He is," agreed Bella's mom. "Are you okay, hun?" She turned to her daughter, who was suddenly smiling.

"You guys didn't have to do that." Bella said.

"You're my daughter,"

Dami waited until the dude was gone before turning back to her family, "And you're my baby sister. We'll always have your back, Miyeon."

Bella smiled even wider, "Thank you. I love you guys so much."

The two older Kwons leaned in, placing a kiss on both sides of Bella's cheeks. "We love you too."

👑

anyways, suuuper short chapter. the next might be short too, not sure yet.

pls leave a vote/comment! i always love the support & feedback.