THIRTY-ONE

attached IATB bc i miss my girls <3

👑

It was a peaceful Thursday afternoon for Bella. She was out at a local outlet mall, accompanying Dara and Minzy. The older two wanted to go out and buy some new clothes, so Bella tagged along. Of course, she wasn't allowed to be in public - orders from Yang Hyun Suk - but she still went anyway.

So here she was, walking behind Dara and Minzy with her hands shoved in her pockets, letting her eyes wander around the mall; glancing at the clothing displayed and the locals walking in the opposite direction she was going.

"Ooh! Let's go in here." Minzy's voice grabbed Bella's attention, making her look up to see what store it was. Louis Vuitton.

"Good choice." Dara smiled, the two of them walking into to the high brand store arm in arm.

Bella knew Minzy only liked the brand for their purses, and Dara liked the brand for their clothing. For her? She only liked their shoes. Though, Bella preferred Moschino - the brand she was the face for-, Givenchy, Balenciaga and Saint Laurent. She also was the face for those brands in Korea.

"Miyeon!" Dara called out. "Do you think this jacket will make me look cool?" She held up a mocha colored coat.

The Kwon looked the coat up and down, then moved her eye from left to right. Trying to put the image of the coat onto Dara, to see if it would actually look good on her. "Yeah. Just get it." Bella answered after pondering about it.

"Girl, I can't just get it! I need to check the price." Came Dara's response, but it was quickly followed by a gasp. "Seven thousand two hundred and ninety-six dollars?"

Bella raised an eyebrow in confusion. "You can't afford that?"

"Oh, I can. I'm just exaggerating." Dara snickered and threw the jacket over her shoulder, before walking off to find Minzy who was looking at the luxurious handbags.

"They're all so pretty! I don't know which one to pick!" Minzy cried out quietly, once Bella and Dara reached her.

Bella stretched her arms over her head and yawned, before saying "Just do eenie-meenie."

Minzy shook her head. "No, you two help me pick!"

"I don't know anything about purses." muttered the youngest. "So, I'm gonna wait outside."

"Can you get us some boba too?" Dara asked, and Bella nodded.

"Yeah sure. What flavor?"

"Taro!" answered Minzy.

"Thai Tea, please!" Dara followed.

Bella turned away to find the exit, sliding out her phone from her sweatpants' pocket. On her lockscreen were text messages from Seulgi and the groupchat she had with the ICYY girls.

Seulgi
Yeah, we're working in the studio right now. I'm so excited for this song to be released!

icyy afff 💎
Yeji 
Seolhee keep quiet before I come to your house and EGG IT
200+ more notifications

She smiled at her texts, ignoring the groupchat until later, but replied to Seulgi: me too 😘. She slid her phone back into her pocket and continued on to the boba shop that was just a few yards away from her.

The line wasn't long, luckily. So she ordered two Thai Tea bobas and one Taro, easily. Bella moved over to the 'Pick Up' line, behind a group of college students that were laughing at each other. She brought out her phone again as she waited. This time, she received a text from Minzy, who told her that she and Dara were getting ready to check-out their items.

Which was a perfect timing, because the boba would be done by the time they left the store.

As Bella waited patiently, she heard her name coming from the group of students in front of her. She decided to ignore it at first, brushing it off as they were not much younger from her and could just be curious, but she continued to hear her name come out their mouths. So, when she looked up and glanced at the students, they all straightened up and faked a smile at her.

"Hey, aren't you Bella Kwon?" One of the three guys of the group asked, walking up to her slowly.

Bella nodded.

"Ahh. The lesbian. Kinda hot, but not a good thing." said the boy.

Bella sighed on the inside, already knowing where the conversation was going to go.

A friend of the boy laughed, "Imagine being gay! I could never. Your parents didn't raise you right."

"Pfft. Hey, you down for a threeway Bella?" The first guy spoke again.

She mentally gagged, tired of the situation already. But she could feel eyes on her and she could hear groups of bystanders gather around herself and the college students.

"Look, you guys and myself are probably around the same age, so we're all learning new things as we continue to age. But my sexuality is not something for you all to rudely judge me for and it's not something to fetishize. It's disgusting and disrespectful. If you don't like how I am, please don't bother speaking to me. Simple." Bella replied in the way she found most respectful.

The group of students burst into laughter, but the Kwon managed to keep her face straight.

"Hey, you came up to us!"

"No, I got in line to buy myself a drink. I was minding my own business until you came up to me. Where you then started being rude. And that's all I'm going to say. Now please, order your drinks or kindly remove yourselves out of the line you are holding up." Bella smiled, gesturing behind her where other people stood in line, nodding to her words.

They roll their eyes with a grumble. "Yeah, whatever." Together, the group all walked away from the line and Bella released the breath she didn't realize she was holding in.

And all of a sudden, she heard applause from the bystanders who all whooped and cheered. Bella was caught off-guard and awkwardly smiled at them, bowing her head a few times to thank them too.

Once she got the boba drinks for the older girls, she made her way back to Louis Vuitton noticing how both Dara and Minzy were standing at the entrance with big grins on their faces.

Unknown to Bella, the two older girls were watching the conflict from afar. They were proud of how well she handled it. So as soon as Bella reached them, the two pulled her into a tight group hug.

"Uhh... Wha- What's this?" Bella raised her brows and patted Dara's shoulder since her arms were stuck in a Tyrannosaurus kind of way.

"Oh my goodness, just accept the hug!" Minzy held onto the tall girl even tighter.

Dara beamed happily as she continued to hug the youngest, "We are so proud of you, Miyeon."

The realization hit Bella. She didn't know they were watching her, most likely because of the crowd standing around them, plus she wasn't paying attention to the bystanders.

"Thank you." Bella sighed in relief, the hug was warm and comforting - even though her arms were stuck in a weird way - and because of how she made her sisters proud.

"Anytime, girl. Anytime."