ROOM #2: Kim Seokjin (1)

"SOUNDLESS"

"🎶Will you stay by my side
Will you promise me
If I let go of your hand, you'll not fly away and break
I'm scared scared of that idea
Will you stop time
If this moment passes
As though it hadn't happened
I’m scared I'll lose you

Like a butterfly, I won't be able to reach you as you soar away🎶" -Butterfly

...

Seokjin felt tired. It's yet another day with a failed date. He needs to prepare for what's coming next.

The argument.

"What's the problem with this lady now?!" Mrs. Kim grits her teeth as she angrily ask about Seokjin's date. "This is like the 23rd time I've set up a date for you but you keep on giving me excuses like “mom, this girl is too flirty”, “mom she's not my type”, “mom she's not rich enough”, “mom she's a sasaeng”, “mom she's one of my friend's ex” well damnit, Jin! Who do you want?! I don't know anyone out there with a decent daughter for you anymore!"

Seokjin glared at his mom. Why is he always arguing with her mother about the blind dates? He didn't want to date anyone, he wants to be single and every girl his mother shows him is annoying, talkative, too much!

"I don't want anyone, mom!" He replied. "I already told you that our schedule's tight, I don't have time for dating!"

"Jin, you're almost thirty, you're brother is already married! When will you realize that you'll need someone in your life?" His mother doesn't give up.

Seokjin shook his head. Mind already fixed, and shoulders squared. He marched out of his parents house and slam the door shut without giving a single damn about his mother calling him.

He walked around, not minding the glares from people around him, not minding where he is now... He just need peace. He is already filled with tons of things in his bucket, a relationship is not what he neads now but a rest from everything and everyone.

Without thinking much, he sat on one of the benches in front of what seemed like a river. Where is he? He's not sure, but the water on the river is making him feel calm.

"It's a perfect day to go on fishing." He mumbled to himself as he watch the scenery in front. "If only Yoongi is here with me I'd already be having a blast."

Murmuring to himself, he was suddenly surprised by a note almost getting shoved on his handsome face. As he look up, he found this girl wearing big headphones showing him a small note that has the words “Can I sit beside you?” written on it.

Seokjin eyed the girl.

She definitely don't look like a creep, in fact she's really pretty and he could tell even behind those butterfly patterned mask. But the fact that she's disturbing his peace doesn't give him his kindness ticket. Yet, the whole bench doesn't belong to him even if he can buy the whole land and even get a discount for being well known and rich. With a sigh he yeets his head to the side and gestured the girl to sit or rather do whatever she pleases.

Once seated half a meter away from him, she took out her pen and started scribbling on her small notepad again before showing it to Seokjin. There written “thank you!” in english.

"Weirdo." Seokjin muttered before taking his eyes off of her and continue staring at the scenery.

A few minutes pass and that's when Seokjin actually started panicking. He didn't know where he is and it's starting to get late now. Without further thinking he looked at the girl beside him and build up his courage to ask her. "Hey miss, do you happen to know where we are?"

The lady immediately looked at him. She started frantically explaining with gestures which made Seokjin more confused as to what she was doing and when realization dawn upon her, she finally took out her note pad and wrote her answers.

“Dongchae River, Gangnam.”

Seokjin reads the note and nods his head, still baffled by her behavior but thanked her for the answer before calling his manager to pick him up.

...