ROOM #6: Kim Taehyung (5)

...

"Therapy won't help me walk again." Nagwon stated as soon as Taehyung entered the driver's seat. His eyes immediately scanning Nagwon's features to check any sense of disappointment, but there's none. How does she do it? I was very sad to gear the news.

"Don't worry, I thought of something else." Taehyung said trying to make the atmosphere better... At least for him. "I know this guy that could really help us."

"Who?" Nagwon asked, curious.

Taehyung wiggled his brows. "We'll go and meet him tomorrow, for now let's me take you back to your house so you can rest."

That morning, Taehyung was early to knock on her house's door and ushered her to quickly wash up and eat breakfast as if he's in a hurry and he won't be able to wait for thirty minutes.

"What is it now?" Nagwon asked. Still drowsy as she chew her bread lazily.

"We need to get there fast because the line will get long!" Taehyung whined.

Nagwon only giggled, but shoved the bread inside her mouth quickly.

...

"So this is where you're taking me?!" Nagwon widened her eyes as soon as she saw a small hut in the middle of the forest. A few people falling in line and getting ready to see what seem like a shaman.

"Yes." Taehyung chided proudly. "We met this guy during one of our photoshoot near this forest, he's a real deal! He can see ghost, can tell you about the future, and can heal whatever disease you have!"

Nagwon raised a brow at him. "How did you know?"

Taehyung grinned. "Jin hyung hurt his ankle that time and there's no nearby hospital and that shaman happen to pass by us and said he can help, so after 10 minutes of whatever he did to Jin hyung, he was able to stand straight again and after two days he finally walked just fine.

"Okay..?" Nagwon was uncertain of this, but nothing's wrong if they try. Also, it's fun to go out of the country and be inside a forest. Her life suddenly feels so exciting.

"Oh! It's our turn. Let's go in!" Taehyung announced, before gently pushing the wheelchair inside the hut.

As expected... It did not cure Nagwon..

Apparently, the said shaman can really see ghost because he was born with a third eye. He can read the future because he studied tarot cards, and he can cure diseases — through medicine that are handmade and with natural ingredients from the forest. The shaman explained that the reason why Seokjin's ankles healed in two days is because he did immediate first aid and gave him medicines. Crippled legs aren't disease and it's not something that medicine can heal. It's in born.

"That didn't go as expected..." Taehyung mumbled as soon as he entered his car.

"We've learned a lot though." Nagwon said, smiling.

Taehyung looked at her eyes and felt sad. "I'm sorry, I know I promised to help you but nothing seems right an—"

"Tae, what about we get McDonald's? I'm kinda hungry."

"Yeah, we should uhm... Drive through."

Nagwon was just peacefully eating inside the car when she notices Taehyung busy typing on his phone. He was so absorbed that he wouldn't notice Nagwon's curious gaze at him.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

Taehyung glanced at her for a brief moment before turning back at his phone. "I'm — I met someone that will help us."

Nagwon frowned. She didn't want to hope anymore. It was difficult for her to fake that she wasn't affected by the fact that a professional therapist and shaman already told her that she can't be healed. She didn't want another person to slap her in the face again and tell her that she's hopeless.

"Tae... You should stop thi—"

"No. This time it will work." He cut her off firmly. A wide smile playing on his lips.

...