Chapter 1

Ellies Pov:

| 9th September | Monday |

First school day..yay

I'm so over this and it hasn't even started yet

Well..I guess I should tell you something about me..

I'm Ellie, 16 years old and well..now in junior year

With my best friend Eric I'm in our schools soccer team

With my best friend Eric I'm in our schools soccer team. I'm the goalkeeper and he's our best defenser. I'm the only girl in our team but most of them are okay with it. I mean..I even am the captain.

"Ellie!" I suddenly feel arms wrapped around me, which makes me jump.

"Jeez, Eric! Don't scare me like that!" I groan while turning around and hugging him back.

"Sorryyyy, I just missed you!" He exclaims, which makes me laugh.

Eric has been my best friend since forever. Our dad's are best friends since they were teenagers, so we've known each other our whole lifes. I couldn't imagine a life without him.

"So..first school day..are you excited?" He asks as I close my locker and walk with him to our first class.

We both have the exact same schedule except for like..two or three classes.

"Uh..not really. School is just soooo boring!" I groan, which makes him chuckle.

"C'mon, it's not that bad. And we have soccer practice again!" Eric says excitedly and I snort at that.

"Okay..good point." I mutter with a small shrug.

"Hey, Er!" We hear someone yell and when we turn around we find Josie jogg towards us.

Damn

Damn..how can someone be so pretty?

It's like she's running in slow motion for me

Also don't question why Eric is Asian and Josie isn't. Eric is adopted. But he doesn't care. His parents adopted him when he was still a baby and no one is treating him differently because he's adopted.

"What's up, Josie?" Eric asks when she's in front of me.

"You forgot your lunch. Mom told me I should bring it to you." Josie answers as she hands him his foodbag.

"Thanks, sis." He replies with a smile while patting her shoulder.

"No problem. Have a nice first school day." Josie says with a smile and then looks at me.

"You too, Kinsley." She tells me and then puts her hand on my cheek and patts it a little, making my face turn red.

Josie then walks past us and goes to her first class. She's a senior, so we don't have classes together.

"Isn't it annoying how Josie is to you?" Eric asks, making me look at him.

"What do you mean?" I ask a little confused as I frown at him.

"Well..just how she is to you. She's always teasing you and being so provoking." He explains and I look down while biting my lip.

I can't tell him that I like it...can I?

"It's okay, Eric. I know it's just for fun." I reassure him with a small smile and he slowly nods.

"Okay..just want to make sure.." Eric mumbles and we then walk to our first class.

We both sit down at a desk and just wait until the class starts.

This year is going to be..interesting..