Chapter 3

Ellies Pov:

"Now get dressed."

"Yes, mom." I reply, on which Josie hits me.

"Sorry, sorry." I mutter and then turn around to my stuff.

I take off my pants and shoes as well, so now I'm only in my boxers and sports bra.

"Aww, you're wearing boxers?" I hear Josie say, making me blush deeply.

"Shut up!" I exclaim embarrassed while hitting her without looking at her.

After putting on my pants I grab my shirt and turn around to look at Josie. But I catch her glancing down my body, making me raise an eyebrow.

"My eyes are up here, you know?" I say, on which she slowly looks up again.

"You were looking at me too." She responds while crossing her arms, making me chuckle a little.

"Well..you're good to look at." I mumble while stepping a little closer to her.

I really don't know where this confident boost came from

She slowly bites her lower lip as she continues staring in my eyes.

"Ellie.." she says my name softly, on which I just hum in response.

"Will you put on your shirt now?" Josie asks while stepping away from me, bringing me back to reality.

I'm stupid to think we just had a moment..

I quickly nod and then put on my shirt and then quickly my shoes.

"Sorry for bothering you." I mutter before quickly walking past her and leaving the changeroom.

How can I be this stupid?

Why can't I just move on from her like I did before with stupid crushes? What's so different about her?

When I'm on the field I quickly run over to the others, hoping coach won't notice I'm late.

"How nice of you that you'll join us as well, Kinsley." Coach says, making me sigh.

Great..

"Sorry, coach. Won't happen again." I tell him and now he looks at me.

"It better won't." He says and I quickly nod.

"Okay guys.." he claps his hands. "Run ten laps. Go." Coach tells us, on which we immediately start running.

"What took you so long?" Eric asks as he runs up to me.

We both always run together, so we can chat while doing so.

"Um..well..everyone kept looking at my body, which made me uncomfortable. So I just waited until everyone was gone." I explain and I didn't even lie.

"You do look different now, especially your body. I guess they just thought you're hot." He replies and I sigh.

"But I don't want them to find me hot. I just want to change in peace." I groan, making him laugh.

"Well..I don't think you ever will. There will always be girls, who find you attractive." Eric says and I sigh at that.

I don't want girls to find me attractive..

Just..Josie

But she isn't even into girls

Dammit, I really should stop thinking about her..

Eric is now a few meters in front of me, since we're now running alone.

"Why are you late?" I hear the cheerleader coach ask, making me stop running.

I look over to Josie and she's looking down ashamed as the coach talks to her. So I quickly jog over to them.

"I take complete responsibility for Josie being late. It wasn't her fault." I say, on which Josie looks up to me.

The coach slowly turns around to look at me. "Who are you?" She asks annoying while crossing her arms.

"Um..Ellie Kinsely. I'm the captain of the soccer team." I answer while awkwardly scratching the back of my neck.

"I didn't know a girl could be in the boys soccer team." She says but I only shrug.

"Looks like it can."

"So..you are the reason why Josephine is late?" Coach asks while rasing her eyebrow and I nod.

Damn..I haven't heard anyone call her Josephine in years.

"And care to explain why?" She asks as she steps closer to me.

"Um.." Okay that woman is scary.

"Oh you can't? I can't stand when students come too late to practice because they're making out." She says, which makes my face turn completely red.

"Oh no no no no. She was just helping me with something. We would never-"

"You better don't. Now leave again." Coach cuts me off and I sigh before slowly walking away.

I glance back at Josie but she's already looking at me, looking very guilty. I give her a small smile and then continue running.