Chapter 29

Ellies Pov:

As soon as we exit Mr. Browns office everyone stares at us. There are literally about 20 students standing around us now.

Did they all try to eavesdrop?

"What are you looking at?" I ask annoyed while rolling my eyes.

I then grab Josies hand and pull her with me away from the others.

"Where are we going?" She asks confused and when I look at her I stop walking immediately.

She looks so..frightened

"Is everything okay? You look so afraid." I ask worriedly as I take her other hand as well.

"Y-Yeah, it's just..I don't like that everyone is staring at us. And what happend in the video was something so personal and now everyone knows.." Josie replies while looking down.

"I know..I don't like this either." I say while brushing my thumb over her hands.

"But..we could see this on the positive side too." I add, making her raise an eyebrow.

"And they would be?" She asks with a frown.

"We..can hold hands." I say as I squeeze her hands softly, making her smile a little.

"And..I can do this." I whisper softly and then lean in to gently kiss her.

After about two seconds I pull away while biting my lip. "Okay..you have very good points." Jo mumbles with a smile, making me chuckle.

"Let's find Eric now. I have a feeling where he could might be." I tell her and she nods.

So we walk through the hallways and towards the spot where we always have soccer training. Of course students stared at us again but we just walked past them.

We both look around and I spot Eric kicking a ball in the goal. I look over to Josie and she was about to walk towards him when I stop her.

"Could I um..talk to him alone first?" I ask nervously and she smiles softly before nodding.

She then let's my hand go and I take a deep breath before walking over to Eric.

"Can we talk?" I ask while nervously fiddling with my hands and he just kicks the ball again.

"What's there to talk about? You're sleeping with Josie behind my back." He replies before walking to the goal the get the ball.

"I know I should've told you but I didn't know how. When I found out about Rachel I-"

"Don't compare this to me and Rachel." He cuts me off.

"You know how much I hate the thought of you and Josie together! But even that didn't stop you. Why would you do something like that to me?" Eric says angrily, which makes me flinch.

"I-I'm sorry! I'm sorry that I'm in love with her. I'm sorry that the girl I've been in love with since seventh grade actually likes me too! I thought you're my best friend, Eric! I thought that despite everything you'd still be happy for me!" I yell at him with tears in my eyes and he looks down..

"Is me being in love with her really this horrible for you?" I ask as I wipe my years and then quickly walk away.

Josies Pov:

"What the hell did you do?!" I ask angrily as I walk over to Eric.

"Fuck off, Josie. Haven't you already done enough?" He says annoyed, on which I slap him.

"What did I do, huh? Fell in love with Ellie? I've been hiding my feelings for over a year now and I just can't hide them anymore." I reply, which makes him look at me while clenching his jaw.

"I know you're scared she'll leave you for me like Kiara did but you know Ellie, she'll never do that. But you're just pushing yourself more away by acting like this. I know we should've told you but it's not that easy. You especially know that." I continue and he sighs deeply.

"It's just a lot to take in, Josie. What happened with Kiara really...destroyed me. But you're right, Ellie isn't like that. I need to talk to her." Eric says, making me smile a little.

"I don't think she wants that though.." he mutters while going through his hair.

"How about I get her here and you two talk?" I suggest and he nods with a small smile.

"Thanks, Josie." He responds and then pulls me into a hug.

Oh that's new

I slowly wrap my arms around him and hug him back.

"But um..maybe don't make out in front of me.." he mumbles, which makes me laugh.

"Yes sir."