Chapter 8

Ellies Pov:

"Oh look who finally decided to show up." Dad says as we walk down the stairs.

But not hand in hand anymore..

"Yeeeahhh sorryyy." I groan, making them laugh.

Josie and I then sit down and mom puts some food on the table.

"So..how was tutoring?" Mom asks with a smile.

I really love my parents

They're the best you could ever ask for

While my dad is still a child at heart my mom is a little more strict. They're just a good balance together.

When I told them I'm gay they told me they already knew. Which..was a little embarrassing for me. I was so nervous but when they told me they'll love me no matter what I was the happiest person on earth.

"It was pretty good. Ellie can be very smart if she wants to." Josie replies, making me gasp.

"Eyy, I am smart!" I exclaim but the others just laugh at me.

"You are." Jo says while patting my head "You're just really lazy." She adds, so I cross my arms with a pout.

"Ellie, you are smart. But Josie is also right. If you would just do your homework you'd probably be better in school." Mom says, making me stop.

I nod."I know, I know. I'll try to get better.." I mumble.

We then started eating dinner and having small conversations while that. But I also kept glancing at Josie. I just can't look away.

"So..since when are you two dating?" Dad suddenly asks while looking between me and Josie, making us quickly look at each other before looking at my dad.

"W-What? We're not together.." I say, trying as hard as I can not to blush but I know I can't stop it.

"Really? You two were looking at each other very often in those past few minutes." Dad exclaims, so I look back at Josie.

"There's really nothing going on, Mr. Kinsley." She says while taking my hand under the table and gently squeezing it.

I know we're both not ready to tell my parents about this. We know they would accept us and probably be very happy but we just started this. I know my dad definitely would be happy for us but I'm not sure about my mom.

But well..I guess we both just want this for us right now. And we're not even together..

But I'm also a little scared it they knew they'll accidentally tell Eric.

"Okay..if you say so." Dad replies before taking another bite of his food.

"And Josie, I told you many times that you should call me Peter." He adds and Josie smiles softly while nodding.

"Sorry, I forgot." She mumbles embarrassed, making me chuckle a little.

"So..does Eric know you're tutoring Ellie?" Mom asks while raising an eyebrow.

Let's just say hasn't been a fan of Josie..

She cares about Eric like her own child but somehow she doesn't feel the same about about Josie. I guess that's why she's being so protective over him.

Let's just hope she'll like her someday..