Chapter 19: Why Me?

Emily's POV

<Five Weeks Later>

It's been a while since I came clean to Ali about the argument my parents and I had. I thought I would feel better, but I can't help but feel like something's still wrong or missing in my life. I just don't know what it is.

Lately ever since then, Ali's been smothering me. Usually I would find it kinda cute, but now I just can't stand it. I really don't get what her problem is. It's like I can't even go anywhere without her knowing my whereabouts every second. And every time I do go out, the first question is always 'who were you with' like does she really think I'm cheating on her? It's starting to drive me crazy!

And to top it all off, my mom is on her way to come visit me and check how I'm doing. She still thinks I left Alison and am dating a guy instead. I seriously don't know what to do anymore.

I just want to get drunk and sleep until all this blows over.

On second thought, I just might.

*****
Aria's POV

I was on my way out of my apartment to go get the mail when I ran into a woman banging on Emily's old apartment door. Was she looking for her? Come to think of it, she does kind of look similar to her.

"Hey, can I help you?" I asked her.

"Yes. I'm Emily's mother. She told me she lived here but she's not answering. Do you know if she's here?" she asks in a somewhat rude tone.

"She moved. She lives up in A16 now" I answer her. "Did you want me to-" I didn't even to finish my last sentence before she walked off. Well that was rude. The nerve of that woman!

*****
CeCe's POV

I was minding my own business being depressed over news I got this morning when I heard loud banging and yelling at the front door. When I opened the door, I seen a very pissed off short woman giving me the evil eye. Who the hell does she think she is? I don't know where she came from or what she's doing here, but that's not how we do things in this household.

"Can I help you?" I ask with an attitude.

"I'm here to see my daughter. Where is she?" Damn this bitch is straightforward.

"And who may your daughter be?" I say politely trying to be a smartass on purpose.

"Emily. Now where is she?" She asks crossing her arms.

"Sorry, she's sleeping. I'll let her know you stopped by" I respond trying to close the door but she stops me.

"I don't care! I need to speak with her. Wake her up if you have to!" She says yelling this time. Damn now I know why Em said she didn't get alone with her.

Just then, Alison walks towards us. "What's going on here? What's with all the shouting?" She asks.

"This lady is yelling at me to go wake Em up" I answer her. While Em's mom just glares at me. I guess manners skipped a generation in her family tree.

"Sorry ma'm but I'm not waking up my girl. She needs her rest" Ali says firmly.

"I'm her mother. I'm not asking. I'm demanding! Now are you going to go get her or do I have to go do that myself!?" the woman snaps back.

"Nope" I answer her, as I get kicks out of seeing her get angrier by the minute.

"Who the hell do you think you are keeping my daughter away from me?" the woman yells back at me.

"I'm her girlfriend" Ali butts in. Just seeing the reaction on the woman's face when she heard that was priceless.

"No you're not! I won't allow my daughter to degrade herself into something so repulsing and unacceptable!" Emily's mom yells back. Is it so wrong that I'm enjoying this a whole lot right now?

"Listen lady, I have no idea who you think you are but you are not allowed to come to my home and yell at me and my sister about something you're so close minded about. How I live my life with Emily is our business, and I would highly appreciate it if you left it alone" my sis replies back. She definitely snapped. I can tell she wants to release the DiLaurentis furry on this woman but isn't because she's Em's mother.

Poor Em.

"I'm not leaving without Emily" the small woman says.

"Yes you are. Unless you want to get the the police involved, I suggest you leave now" Ali says back calmly.

Bummer.

I was really hoping to see a cat fight.

"I'll be back. And next time I come back, I'm taking Emily back to California with me" the woman says before turning away.

"Is that a threat? Because I should have you know that no one takes my baby away from me without a fight" Ali says.

And with that, Emily's mom left, but not without giving us one last glare on her way out.

Well that was random and unexpected.

Alison's POV

Ugh! I can't believe the nerve of that woman! She's lucky she's Em's mother, otherwise I would of have given her a beat down right then and there.

As much as I want to be on her good side, I just can't help but to be furious with her. After what Emily told me these past weeks about her childhood, that woman doesn't deserve to have a daughter as sweet and kind as my baby.

As I walk into my room in hopes of taking a nap with Emily, I am hit with a strong scent of vodka. The closer I got to our bed, the stronger the stench was. Was Emily drinking? I'm seriously going to have to have a talk about that with her as soon as she wakes up.

Just as I was in the midst of falling asleep, I feel my girl start to move beside me. I thought she was changing sleeping positions, but instead she wakes up. I hope I wasn't the reason she woke up?

"Mm hey Ali, where are we? What happened?" she asks slurring her words somewhat confused.

"Em baby, your mother stopped by" I say in a neutral tone.

"Shit!"