Chapter 36: The Birthday Present

<Eight Days Later, June 23rd>

Alison's POV

Today is my birthday. I've honestly been dreading this day all year. I've never been one to celebrate my birthdays but today seems different for once.

Ever since the day at the mall last week, Emily has been acting strange. Like a lot stranger then usual. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the baby comment I made. I just couldn't help it. Seeing the little baby and then also spending time with Emily's family made me change my mind completely. Now I know I'm more then ready for everything although I'm pretty sure she's not. I can't blame her though. I'm older than her and since she still has that little rebellious teen side in her, I'm sure she just wants to go crazy and have fun while she still can.

Sometimes it really does suck being the adult in the relationship. But as long as I have my baby, then that's all that matters.

Just as I was going full throttle into my thoughts, my girl walks in the room with my favorite breakfast. I must admit, her cooking is really starting to improve now.

"Happy birthday babe" she says as she bends down to give me a kiss. Just as she was about to pull away, I cup her face and lick her bottom lip asking for permission. Once she grants me access, I slip my tongue in and battle her for dominance. I win this battle before she pulls away for air.

"What was that for babe?" She asks

"I love you so much baby"

"Good. Because I love you too" she replies giving me a quick peck. "Please eat your breakfast babe. I want to take you out for your birthday today" she adds.

"Do we have to?" I reply with a pout. "As much as I love everything you're doing for me, I'd much rather spend it right here with you. If that's okay baby?"

She then takes a moment to stare at me with a blank look. I hope I didn't ruin anything.

"Uh yeah. Yeah it's okay. Today's your day babe. Whatever you want, goes" she replies as she pulls her phone out to text someone. I wonder what that was all about.

Emily's POV

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little disappointed that Alison didn't want to go out and do what I had originally planned out for her. Granted she didn't know what it was, but it still kind of ruined my plans.

No matter, at least I had the girls help me cancel all the plans and reservations I had made while Ali was eating her breakfast. I even texted them with the new change of plans.

"So what do you want to do now babe?" I ask Alison.

"Nothing. I just want to lay here and enjoy my day off with my sexy girlfriend in bed" she says smirking at me.

I didn't say anything. I wasn't sure if what CeCe said was right or not, so I just sat beside her quietly.

"You're not going to make me beg for it, and on my birthday too. Are you baby?" She asks seductively. Yep, CeCe was so right.

"Im not sure I know what you're talking about. I thought you didn't want to do anything?" I say back trying to be a smartass, but in a serious tone.

"Hmm you're right, but you're not just anything baby. You're my girlfriend and I plan on getting you for the whole day" she responds while getting on me.

"Well look who's the needy one this time" I reply back before leaning up to kiss my girlfriend.

*****

Alison's POV

Well that was a total bust! Right before Emily and I were about to make love, we just had to get interrupted. It wouldn't be so bad, except for the fact that the girls kept pounding on our aparmet door and wouldn't leave until we opened up.