Authors notes (Updated 6/7/22)

**UPDATE 06/07/2022)**

After months and months of reflection, I have decided to finish this story and give it the ending it deserves. I never expected to return to this, but I know how much Donna would love to see this story finally have an ending and I want to close this chapter fully. There will be a final chapter after these notes :)

Hey guys.

This is something I never thought I would ever have to write. And a year later I still can't believe that I have to write this.

Chapter 65 was the final part to this story. I didn't intend for that to happen, and I'm sorry if this is disappointing to some people. As you're probably aware, there was a huge period of time when the story wasn't updated. I was stuck with where to take the story. When I first began writing this story, it was 2013. I had no idea it would be as popular as it is, and though this story I met my best friend, Donna. We never met face-to-face, living over 4000 miles apart. But we connected, and I have never had a friend like her. She was my biggest supporter and the #1 fan of this book. I cannot ever begin to explain how much she meant to me.

Shortly after meeting, Donna let me know that she had cancer. Throughout all her struggles, she was there for me when I needed her and I was able to confide in her in some of my darkest and toughest moments. She was the first to read every new chapter, and often gave me inspiration when I couldn't bring myself to write.
On the 11th June 2020, Donna sadly lost her battle with cancer and passed away. Even writing that is the biggest kick to the stomach. This story has become bittersweet, and now when I see those emails with a new comment on a chapter, all I feel is sadness. And so, this is why I'm ending the story here. I can't continue this story when I know Donna won't be the first person to read the new chapter, like she did for all those years. I can't write a chapter that I know Donna will never get to read. I can't do that. This story would not have continued if it wasn't for her, and so I cannot continue it now she isn't here.

I appreciate the views, comments and everything this story has brought me. But most of all, I'm thankful that it gave me Donna. My biggest regret is never getting to meet you. I know one day we will see each other, but just not in this life.

Thank you to everyone who reads this. I understand it will mean nothing to you, but thank you for being with my on this journey. My account will remain active, because I still use it to read. Maybe one day I will begin a new story, who knows. If you wanna chat, my messages are always open and I reply whenever I can.

Sappho, this book is dedicated to you. You made this journey so much more than I could ever have hoped for.