Chapter 17 - New Beginning

When Allison arrived home, she shut the door behind once she was inside and collapsed on the floor. She sat there and cried, and cried for what felt like hours. Slumped behind the door as though she had just given up on life.

Once she was finally able to compose herself, she got up and made her to the living room. With every step her feet became heavier, feeling like she was sinking into the floor. She sat down on the sofa and flicked through the TV channels. Although as hard as she tried, she knew it wouldn't do her any good. She couldn't focus on anything but Holly. There was a rule that teachers shouldn't date students, and now she was beginning to see the reason why. Allison was in love with someone who didn't even remember her, and she had no idea what to do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her whole body ached, Her chest. Her head. Her legs. Even her eyes hurt.

Holly remembered everything from the crash. She knew it was her own fault.

"God I'm so glad you're okay! I thought I'd lost you." Alex fussed.

"You really think you were getting rid of me that easy?" she joked. "Hey Alex, the lady that was just here, who is she?"

He had a worried look on his face. "I met her earlier and she told me she's your Psychology teacher. Do you remember anything about her?"

Holly shook my head. "I honestly have no idea who she is."

"Let me go and get the doctor okay."

He came back with the nurse who flashed a light into her eyes. She went for a second doctor who came back and explained that she was suffering from memory loss due to hitting her head in the crash. They said it could take weeks, months or even years before it came back. Only time would tell. He then went on to say that a few of the people that suffer memory loss never get it back.

This shocked her a little,  it made her wonder if there was anything else that she wouldn't be able to remember. When Elliot came back into the room, she began bombarding him with questions.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm doing good. I came away practically unharmed, it's like you took all the injuries for me." He smirked.

"That's for being such an ass hole. I never should've treated you that way."

"It's cool man, everyone has fall outs."

"Yeah but not everyone ends up in hospital because of them. Hey, why were we arguing anyways? I remember the crash but everything else has just disappeared. The doctors say I'm suffering from memory loss because I hit my head, they don't know when it'll come back."

Alex interrupted. "I'm going for a coffee, i'll give you two some time to talk okay."

"Do you remember why you were such an arsehole those last few weeks?"

Holly paused for a second and looked around. "I remember cancelling plans, but I don't remember why."

He sighed. "You're gonna have to brace yourself. What I'm going to tell you will probably sound so crazy....The lady that was sat with you when Alex and I arrived, did she tell you who she was?"

"Yeah, she told me she was my psychology teacher. She started asking if I remembered anything about her and then, I, I think she said she loved me."

He mumbled something under his breath. "What did you say?" Holly asked.

"I don't know how to tell you this so I'm just gonna go and say it even though you're gonna think I'm completely insane. You and her, you had a relationship together. Or at least, I think you did. And before you get crazy and say that I'm messing with you, I'm not lying. I don't know everything but she's the reason you dropped contact with me and went all batshit crazy and started drinking every night.  Apparently she left you hanging and told you it was a mistake which is when you got into a low place. Then you called me to apologise and we went for a drive. You told me all about her and that's when we crashed. I was so shocked that I turned to look at you and lost control of the car."