Chapter 62 - New Arrival

"Holly?" 

Shit, this wasn't a pain she'd had before. This...this was different.

"Holly?!" Allison called out, clenching her stomach as she tried her hardest to sit up in the bed.

 Where had she gone? She glanced over at the clock and saw that it was 10:45am. Where could she possibly be at this time?

"Shit!" She muttered to herself as another pain ripped through her body. She'd been suffering from Braxton Hicks for the past week and a half but these pains were different. Being sure to count the intervals between the pains she was having, she managed to get out of bed and drag herself to the stairs.
She called out again, but no one replied. Growing increasingly angry, she picked up her cell phone and dialed Holly's number, praying she would pick up.

'The person you are calling cannot be reached. Please leave a message after the tone.'

"Holly, where are you? Can you come home? I think I'm..."

She felt a warmth between her legs and for a moment or two she felt like she'd peed herself. When she realised what had happened, her eyes opened wide. 

"Holly my waters just broke!" She shouted down the phone, before hanging up and chucking it onto the table.

------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------

The line at the store was three times longer than usual today. Holly stood in line, shifting her weight from her left foot to her right. What was taking them so long?
She hated being away from Allison, and knowing that her due date was tomorrow made her all the more anxious to get home quickly. Patting down her jacket in search of her phone, she cussed when she couldn't find it and remembered that it was still in the car plugged into the stereo.

15 minutes later she was finally out of the store. She put the bags into the boot and unlocked the car, climbing into the drivers seat. Once she was inside and had her seatbelt on, she picked up her phone from the slot in the dashboard.

*3 missed calls*

She slid unlock button to the right and dialed Allison's number, waiting for an answer.

"Hello?"

"Holly? Whe...where are you?" Allison's breath was laboured as though she had just ran a marathon.

"I'm just at the store picking up some things. I left you a note to say I wouldn't be long. Are you okay?"

"Didn't you get your voicemail?" 

"No, I left my phone in the car and I just got back. Whats happened? Are you ok?"

"I think...no, I know I'm in labour. You have to come home right now."

Holly began to panic. She knew that this situation was inevitible, but she hadn't thought about what she would do if she wasnt at home when Allison went into labour.

"Shit. Okay, I'm coming back now. Have you called anyone?"

Allison breathed deeply, trying to push the growing pain to the back of her mind. "Just you. Please hurry...fuck. Please."

"I'm on my way!" She started up the engine and reversed out of the parking lot, putting Allison on speaker so she could make sure she was okay.

"Where are you now?" 

"I'm in the living room." 

"Can you sit on the couch? Stay on the couch until I get there. Don't move okay. I'm only round the corner, i'll be there in less that 5 minutes."

"It hurts so much." She screamed, almost in tears. "I can't sit still, it hurts too much."

"Listen, stay on the couch and I'll be there in a minute. Then I'll get you and we'll go to the hospital. It's all going to be okay. You're having a baby, of course you're going to be in pain."

They stayed on the phone to each other and Holly tried her best to reassure Allison that everything would be okay. A few minutes later, the front door opened and Holly sprinted into the house, heading for the living room. Allison was sat on the edge of the couch, her knuckles white from clenching the seat.

"Come on, we have to go. Have you been counting your contractions?" Holly asked, slipping an arm around Allison's waist as she helped her to her feet.

Allison winced in pain as the contractions ripped through her stomach. She wanted to cry. No scrap that, she already was crying. 

"It hurts so much." She cried out as she was helped out of the house and towards the car.

"I know it does, I know. But it'll all be over soon."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm so sorry for the lack of updates recently. I hope you're all still reading and I'm sorry this is a short chapter.