Chapter 41 - Can I Help, Officer?

As hard as she tried, Holly couldn't settle at home alone without Allison. The felt so empty, and she found herself staring at the clock every 5 seconds to see what time it was. She felt like a lost dog, waiting for it's owner to return home.

Holly was glad that Aly was back at work, but she didn't realise how much she missed her. Being alone without her brought back the memories of all the nights she had to spend without her when the two of them weren't together. She knew she shouldn't dwell on the past, but it was hard.

Her stomach churned exactly like Allisons had done this morning. She knew that all the students in her grade had left the school, but she was worried that some of the younger kids might have found about the two of them. She also wondered if any of the other teachers had said anything to Allison. The last thing she needed right now was extra stress in her life. She knew she was probably overreacting, but it didn't stop her from thinking about it.

After watching a bit of TV, she decided to make herself some breakfast. It was only 11am, but she already felt as thought Allison had been away for days.While she was waiting for her breakfast to be ready, she went upstairs to clean up. She laughed at the idea she was turning into a housewife. Allison had only been back at work for a day and Holly was already cooking and cleaning like there was no tomorrow.

Halfway through cleaning up the bedroom, there was a faint sound of the doorbell ringing. Still singing along to the music, she lowered the volume and ran downstairs to see who was there. When she opened the door, she was greeted by 2 cops. Her heart was in her mouth, terrified that something had happened to Allison.

"Hey, how can I help?"

"May we come in, Miss? Theres something we'd like to talk to you about."

"Of course." Holly stuttered, stepping aside and letting the police walk into the living room. She shut the door and followed behind, sitting across the room from the two of them.

"We have recieved a complaint from a Mr. Garcia. He claims that you assaulted him."

Fuck. They were here because of Elliott. Fuck. What was she supposed to say? If she told them the truth about the situation, they'd find out about Allison. If she lied, she would be charged with assault. That little shit, she thought to herself.

"Me and Elliot have always had our ups and downs. Two years ago he lost me the love of my life, and we argued quite a lot. We ended up ending our friendship and I moved back to England soon after and I've only recently moved back here. We ran into each other a few days ago and I will admit that the situation got out of hand. I tried reaching out to talk things through, but I haven't heard anything from him."

The two officers looked at each other, one of them writing down everything that Holly was saying. The last part about reaching out to Elliot was a lie, but she was trying her best to save her ass here.

"You say you argued over a relationship? Do you mind me asking what happened?"

"I had a girlfriend who I met soon after I arrived here. Her and Elliot weren't very fond of each other and argued a lot. I had a motor accident which left me in bad shape and Elliot blamed that on my girlfriend, so he resented her for that. One day he came round to the house and she was here, Elliot began arguing with her and things got heated. In the end, she left and wanted nothing to do with me. Thats when I left for England. I hated Elliott for what he did, I loved that girl."

"This..girl. You say that he thought she was the cause of the accident? Maybe it would be useful to question her. Do the two of you still have contact? I understand this might be uncomfortable for you but we need to get to the bottom of this. Assault is a serious allegation and I'm sure you understand that."