Chapter 61 - Part Of Me

It was a few days before Allison's due date. She had been finished work for a couple of weeks now, and she was beginning to get increasingly bored with the lack of things to do. Her bump had grown massively, which made it hard for her to get around the house and do the things she needed to do.

"I hate daytime TV!" she groaned, chucking the remote down beside her on the couch. 

"Chill out, god you've gotten so moody!" Holly shouted from the kitchen. She could tell by the tone of Allison's voice that she was more than fed up, and she didn't blame her. She admired Allison for having the strength to carry their baby for the best part of a year.

"I've got a baby inside me that decides to kick me when I least expect it, I'm peeing every 10 minutes, Im fat and I cant even see my feet!" She waddled into the kitchen, her hand on her back for comfort. 

Holly smiled and walked towards her. Even though she was almost 9 months pregnant, she was still beautiful. 

"Well you look beautiful to me." She kissed Allison's forehead and pulled out a chair at the kitchen table so that Allison could sit down. 

"Don't lie to me, you aren't fooling me."

"Calm down! Stop getting so worked up over everything, hopefully in a few days this will all be over and you can have your body back."

"God I hope so." She huffed, rubbing her temples. "I look like a buddah."

Holly shook her head and laughed. Allison had been complaining nonestop ever since she had finished work on maternity leave.

"No sign yet then?" Holly asked, setting a plate in front of each of them at the kitchen table.

Allison looked at the food in disgust, as if a humans head had just been served to her. "Are you trying to make me even fatter?!"

"The doctor said you needed to eat so it would stop you feeling sick. I'm trying to help you, stop being so stubborn and stop complaining!" Holly knew that the only way to get through to Allison was to be direct with her.

"Fine." Allison huffed, picking up a chip on the end of her fork and putting it into her mouth.

"And no, not really any sign yet. I've had stomach cramps but nothing much. My back hurts though, but thats probably because of the baby."

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

After lunch, the two of them sat down in front of the TV and flicked through the programmes. 

"God, how do you survive daytime TV?" Holly poked fun at Allison.

"Now you know how it feels! Do you know how boring it is sitting here while you're at work? It's driving me crazy."

"Well lucky for you, I've got a few weeks off so you'll have to put up with my company instead of the TV."

Holly had been lucky enough to get a few weeks off work to help look after the baby when it was born. It wasn't as if she was busy working through the day anyways, as the bar she worked in didn't get busy until night time.

Throughout the night, Allison was becoming increasingly restless and she couldn't find a comfortable position to sit in. She tried wandering around the house and even taking a bath, but nothing worked. No matter what she did, the pain in her back wouldn't shift. 

"Maybe you should go to the hospital." Holly suggested, watching as her girlfriend wandered aimlessly around the house like a lost puppy.

"There's nothing they can do for me, I just have to wait until the baby comes. And with any luck, it won't be long until that happens." 

Holly stood up and made her way to Allison, pulling her in for a hug. Her bump pressed up her own stomach, and she was overwhemled at the fact her unborn child was only a few inches away from her. She put her hands on Allison's stomach and rubbed gently.

"Hey, baby. We both love you, but your mum's in pain and we need you to make an arrival soon. We both can't wait to meet you."

Allison smilled and kissed Holly's cheek. She loved this side of her, so loving and caring. Holly was always the type to show love and affection, but having the baby had really begun to settle her down a bit. For her age, she handling everything extremley well. Deep down, Allison still regretted pulling Holly into such a drastic situation, she was still young and had a long life ahead of her.

"Are you scared?" She asked her.

Holly brought her back to the couch and the two of them sat down.

"No. Are you?"

"A little bit. I mean, I'm so excited. But I'm scared of giving birth. What if something goes wrong? I don't want our baby to get hurt."

Holly wrapped her fingers in Allison's. "That's not going to happen. You're going to be fine and the baby's going to be fine. And when he or she is born, we're going to come back home as a family and get on with our lives. And I'll spoil the both of you as much as I can. Because I love the pair of you."