Chapter 12 - Falling

The next few weeks went by quickly and they were spend mostly getting drunk and causing trouble. She couldn't remember exactly what had happened, most of it was a blur. What she did know was that her grades were dropping, Elliot hadn't spoken to her much because he didn't like the fact she was drinking so much but she couldn't help it. Her heart was aching for Allison. She dreamt of her almost every night and her classes were awkward as hell. She kept giving Holly these weird looks but Holly just couldn't bring herself to forgive her. She wondered if she was sorry for what she had done, but she knew it wasn't likely.

Layla, the girl who was responsible for beating her up had came back to school and the two of them had quite a few run in's. She told the whole school that Holly was the one who grassed her up and now everyone was giving her dirty looks in the hallway. She thought that moving all the way out here was a good idea and that it would give her a fresh start but so far, everything that she worried might go wrong, HAS gone wrong.

*Friday night*

By Friday night, she'd had enough of arguing with Elliot. She missed her best friend. She called him to see if he wanted to stop by the house.

"What do you want?" he asked coldly.

She was taken back by the tone of his voice, knowing that he wasn't one to hold a grudge. "Can you come over? I need to talk to you. Maybe we could go for a drive or something?"

He paused and then she heard a sigh. "I'll be over in 5. Wait outside for me."

Holly grabbed her coat, threw on her old, white vans and stood outside just like he asked. It was dark and cold out, a prolonged shiver ran up her spine as she pulled her jacket tight around her frail body. It wasn't long before the roar of the engine could be heard and the headlights appeared from over the hill.

"Hey" she said quietly.

"Hey." he replied, keeping his eyes on the road.

"You look like shit. What's happened to you?"

She wasn't proud of what she had done. The bags under her eyes showed her lack of sleep and the scent of alcohol lingered on her body. She also couldn't remember the last time she ate a proper meal, which meant that the weight she did have on her already small frame had disappeared and she resembled something like a bag of bones.

They drove for quite a while and the first part of the journey was spent in silence. Eventually they began to talk and Elliot made it clear he was pissed off at her. And he had a right to be, several times she had cancelled their plans because she was too drunk to even get dressed. Every morning after she swore she wouldn't do it again, but she missed Allison desperately and it was the only thing that made her forget. She wanted to tell Elliott so he would understand but she had no idea how he would react. If he told on both of them, they could get into so much trouble. Allison would lose her job and Holly would probably get kicked from the school. Before her mouth could stop her however, she decided to tell him everything.

"Can you keep a secret Ell?" She asked, taking a deep breath.

"You know I can keep secrets. Whats wrong?"

Holly swallowed hard and turned her body in the seat so that she was facing him.

"You promise?"

"I swear."

"..."

"So? Are you going to tell me?"

"..."

"Come on, Spit it out for god sake! The suspense is killing me."

"....I kissed Allison." She blurted out, her voice shaking as she did so.

"Who?" He asked, his eyes still on the road.

"Miss Laine."

His head snapped in Holly's direction, his eyes wide with shock.

"You did what!?" he asked, his pitch was high.

"I kissed her..She kissed me. Okay, look. I stayed at her house the night I got back from the hospital. I stayed the whole weekend. The doctors told me I couldn't go home unless I had someone to care for me. I made her lie and say she would look after me so that I could come. I had no intention of her actually being there for me but she wouldn't let me go home by myself and told me that I could stay with her. At first it was just make sure I was okay, but then I told her why i moved here and then she kissed me. Now she wants nothing to do with me and that's mostly the reason as to why I've been such a dick recently." Her palms were sweaty and her words fell out of her mouth at a speed she didn't even know was possible.

"WHAT? Do you know how much trouble you two could get into? I know you like her Holly but god, you have got to stay away from her. She's your teacher! Have you had sex with her? Please tell me you haven't. What was going through your head?! Are you stupi.."

"ELLIOTT!" Holly screamed, grabbing the wheel.

There was a loud crash, and a bang. Holly suddenly felt like she was flying. And then it went black. Everything went black.