Chapter 7 - Heart To Heart

Deep down, Allison knew that taking Holly home wasn't such a great idea, but she couldn't bare to leave her with the state she was in. She'd never really seen anyone that had been in a fight before, so it came as a bit of a shock seeing her in such a mess. She just couldn't believe that someone could be so cruel, regardless of what had been said between Holly and whoever had done this to her.

Allison's house was a 30 minute drive from Holly's house, as she was fortunate enough to live in one of the more 'upper class' parts of town. It was beginning to get dark out, and Holly had fallen asleep in the passenger seat. Her head was rested on the window and she was huddled into a little ball. Her right eye was bruised and the swelling had already begun to take over most of her face. Every other time Allison had seen her in class, she seemed cocky and confident. But looking at her now, she seemed so fragile. She thought once more about the amount of trouble she could get into if anyone found out she'd brought Holly back to the house, but she pushed it to the back of her mind. No way was she leaving her alone in that house. She could hardly walk by herself, let alone look after herself. And besides, maybe Allison would enjoy having her around.

"Holly. Holly, wake up. We're here." Allison shook her shoulder gently, waking her from sleep.

"Oh..shit, did I fall asleep? Sorry, I'm just so tired."

"Don't worry about it, you've had a tough day. Let's get you inside."

She jumped out of the car and ran around to the passenger side, opening the door so Holly wouldn't have to do it herself. She groaned in pain, trying her hardest to step foot out of the car without falling over. Allison grabbed her by the waist, just like she had done earlier in the day.

"Thanks." She said, trying to smile as tears formed in her eyes from the pain. She was supposed to be the cocky one, and now here she was - almost crying in the arms of her Psychology teacher after less than a week of knowing her.

Once they were in the house she was helped onto the couch, before Allison went back out to the car for their belongings.  Holly looked around the living room in awe, it was huge. And she had all of the latest furniture. Maybe she could get used to staying here for a couple of days. After Allison took her bag to the guest room, she came back for Holly and helped her up the stairs. Of course, the upstairs of her house was just as nice, if not nicer than the downstairs.

"I'll go and get changed and then I'll make something for us to eat. Or we can get takeout if you like. Call me when you're ready and I'll come get you."

"Miss Lai..Allison." Holly spoke, not entirely sure which name was appropriate to use. "I'm not an invalid, I'm pretty sure I can make it down the stairs."

She raised her eyebrow and Holly felt like she was back in nursery, being shouted at for being naughty. "I'm not having you falling down my stairs and breaking another rib."

"Fine, but I could still manage on my own." Holly smirked.

Allison just rolled her eyes and exited the room, making her own way to her bedroom to change her clothes.

Holly took off her jacket and looked at it in disappointment. It was her favourite jacket, but she was probably going to have to throw it away as it was covered in blood. Her t-shirt was going to have to go as well, but she wasn't too bothered about that. She pulled on an oversized hoodie and winced in pain with every little movement that she had. This was going to take a while. Her white vans had a few specks of blood on but nothing too bad, and her jeans were just about ruined. She picked up a pair of blue football socks from the bag and shoved them on, along with a pair of blue football shorts that belonged to my home team back in England.