Chapter 26 - Rest In Pieces

The weather was getting worse. The snow that fell late last night had settled on the ground and Elliot knew he was going to have to walk to school. Ever since the accident he'd been extremely nervous while driving and he didn't want to risk it in the bad weather.

The sidewalks were slippy and it was strange making the journey to school by himself. He missed his best friend. She hadn't been answering any calls and when they had seen each other in the hallway, Holly had lowered her head so she didn't have to make eye contact.

Once he was at school he  signed in to homeroom and then made his way to first lesson. He had always enjoyed Maths. In middle school, everyone called him a geek and no one would talk to him.  When he transferred to high school, no one knew him and he hoped for a fresh start. However, hardly anyone spoke to him anyways because they knew he was gay.

Ironically, he sat by himself  in class. He sat on his own in every lesson, apart from Psychology. Although when he had fallen out with Holly, she moved into the seat behind him, further away from both Elliot and Allison.

He wondered if she had made up with Miss Laine, but he doubted it though because Miss Laine always used to ask her for the answers in class and now they didn't speak at all. Holly never even made contact with the psychology teacher.

She didn't speak to Elliot much either, not unless He asked a question in class. He knew he had  upset both of them, but it was for the best. He only wanted the best for his best friend and he didn't want her to get hurt. Only, he was the one who had ended up hurting her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was last period on friday and Elliot was about to enter his Psychology class. He felt awkward everytime he entered the room because Miss Laines manor was totally different towards him than what it used to be. She was by no means a 'strict' teacher, but he always felt like she had a shorter temper towards him than she did towards the other students.

However during class today, she finally spoke to him on her own terms.

"Elliott. See me after class please."

He did as she asked and waited by her desk at the end of the lesson while the other students flooded out of the door. He'd also noticed that Holly wasn't in school today and he wondered what might have happened.

When she finished telling everyone to have a good weekend, she came to her desk and sat down.

"You didn't tell me." she whispered, looking directly into his eyes. 

A confused look shot across his face. "Excuse me?"

"About Holly."

He shrugged and raised his eyebrow. "We haven't spoken now for like 3 weeks. I don't know what you're talking about. And anyways, why should I be the one to tell you what she does? You were the one to leave her."

"You mean..you don't know?"

"No. I really don't. Now are you going to tell me what the hell you're talking about?"

"She's left. Last night."

Elliot folded his arms and sat down on the edge of the desk. "She's left school? I'm not surprised, not after the way you treate..."

"She moved back to England." Allison shouted, interupting what Elliot was saying. "Last night. Her flight was last night."