Chapter 18 - Undo

What was Holly supposed to do? She couldn't ignore Allison because after all, she was her teacher; but she knew she couldn't cause a scene. Not in front of her class mates.

Instead, she smiled and muttered a small 'thank you' before taking her seat. Just like she expected, her classmates stared and some told even told her that it was nice to have her back. Most hadn't even spoken to Holly before, but she guessed they were just being friendly. She sat down in the chair and inhaled deeply. Holly caught Allison looking at her a few times from across the room and it was making Holly more than uncomfortable. She just couldn't get her head around the fact that she had supposedly had a relationship with this woman. She couldn't lie, Allison was an attractive lady...but she was also her teacher. Sure, she'd had crushes on her teachers and even fantasised about some, but she couldn't imagine actually having a relationship with one.

The paper she was given may as well have been written in a foreign language as she didn't understand any of it. Due to the accident, it was like starting the class all over.
It felt like years had passed when the bell finally rung and she was more than ready to leave. She picked up her bag and walked towards the front of the class with Elliott.

"Hey, I think I'm gonna have to ask for some help. I'll catch up with you later yeah? I have a free 6th period so I can meet up with you in the library soon."

"Are you sure that's a good idea? I mean.." Elliot nodded in the direction of Miss Laine.

"I gotta talk to her man, shes my teacher and if I don't get any help I'm gonna fail this class. I'm good..don't worry about it. I just want to get back to normal."

He kissed her cheek and exited the room.

At last, it was just her and Allison. Reluctantly, she walked over to her desk.

Holly cleared her throat and Allison turned around. "I was wondering...can I have some help?"

Her eyes met with Hollys and made her feel uncomfortable once more.

"Of course. What do you need help with?"

"Everything." Holly laughed.

She smiled and patted the desk.

"Pull up a seat, we'll go through your books from before the Christmas break."

Holly dropped the bag she was carrying and grabbed the closest seat, pulling it near the desk and sitting down. Allison went to the filing cabinet and grabbed Hollys books, then returned and sat down. She went through it slowly, page by page. She showed her the essays she had written before the accident and she was surprised to admit that they were actually pretty good. She didn't know she was capable of writing something so good. It was surprisingly easy to get her head around, maybe because it was all her own work and deep down she remembered learning this during class...she hoped.

Allison recognised this to be just like old times. They were laughing and joking and she was glad that Holly was beginning to understand her work. She was glad when they could talk normally; like they had done before the accident. When the last piece of work was over with, Allison felt a heaviness in her heart because she knew Holly would be leaving soon.

"That's all. If there's anything you're unsure of you can.."

"Did you love me?" She blurted out.

Allisons heart skipped a beat and she had to clear her throat before she continued the conversation. "You can always come back and see me if you need help."

"Don't pretend like you didn't hear me." She asked again.

Allison rubbed her forehead in frustration and cast her gaze across the classroom, making sure her eyes were on anything else other than Holly.