Chapter 49 - Maniac

Dani tried to resist as she was dragged towards the car, but the weight of her wet clothes weighed her down and she couldn't fight back.

"What the fuck are you doing?" She shouted as she was pushed agaisnt the car door.

"Giving you what the hell you deserve." The brunette spoke firmly, opening the door and shoving the girl inside.

Holly headed round to the drivers side and got into the car. A wave of anger like she had never felt before had washed over her, and she was so angry that she almost felt calm. It was a strange feeling she couldn't explain. It was as though she had made peace with whatever horrible thing she was about to do to Dani.

"You're fucking crazy!" She shouted again, tugging at the door handle.

"Where are we going?!"

Truthfully, Holly had no idea where the two of them were going. All of this had happened so suddenly, and she knew that what she was doing was wrong. She wasn't going to hurt Dani, no. She just wanted to make her understand that she absolutely had to leave the two of them alone, or else she couldn't be responsible for her future actions.

"You're a fucking psycho. Don't you realise that?"

"Right now, I don't fucking care. I just think you need to be taught a lesson to make sure this doesn't happen again. You seem like the type of person who always gets her own way, but not anymore."

They carried on driving, across the bridge and out of town. It was a fairly quiet area, and not much traffic passed through. The buildings were fading into the distance and an eerie fog began surrounding the car. Tree's towered high above both sides of the road, and it wasnt long before they hadn't passed another car for at least 5 miles.Holly brought the car to an abrupt halt when she'd had enough of driving. She shut off the engine and sat there in silence.

"Where the fuck are we?"

"I don't know."

The red head thrashed around in her seat and tugged at the door. "Let me out of this fucking car."

Holly stayed silent, staring out of the window in front of her. There was nothing for her to look at but the fog, but she needed some time to think about what she was going to do. Next to her, Dani fumbled around, pulling her phone from her pocket and dialing a few numbers before pressing it to her ear.

"Good luck with that." Holly spoke nonchalantly. "You won't get any signal out here."

Accepting defeat, she threw her phone against the dashboard. "FUCK!"

"I think it's time we got out, maybe had a little walk." Holly spoke after a few moments. She got out of the car and walked around to the passenger side, opening the door and grabbing hold of the collar of Danis jacket.

With her other free hand pinned behind her back, Holly guided her forward into the tall trees in front of them.

--------------- --------------- ---------------- ----------------- --------------- ---------------- ------------- -----------------

About a mile into the forest, Holly came to a halt, launching Dani in front of her. She fell to the ground, her face scuffing against the leaves and branches that littered the forest floor.

"Okay, I get it. You're angry, but what the fuck are we doing here?"  Dani shouted, sitting up and bringing her jacket sleeve to the graze on her cheek.

Holly stayed silent, staring at the girl sat in front of her. She no longer felt like she was in control of her body. She wanted to stop, but she didn't know how. What was she going to do? She had no idea. She hadn't decided yet. But she was going to get what was coming to her.

"What are you staring at me like that for? Fucking weirdo."

"Can you just shut the fuck up for like, a minute?" Holly shouted. "Jesus fucking christ, you don't give up do you?"

Dani scoffed nervously. "Someone will come looking for me if you hurt me. You won't be able to get away with this, I hope you know with that."

"Whos going to come for you? Allison? Do you think shes going to care where you are? Or maybe your father that hits you, do you think he cares where you are?" Holly was mocking her now, trying anything she could to push her buttons and hit her where it hurt.

"Yeah thats right. Allison told me why you showed up to the house. Daddy took his temper out on you? He doesn't give a fuck about you. No one gives a fuck about you. No one would come looking for you because no one cares." Holly was laughing hysterically between words. She watched as Dani crumbled before her, reduced to tears.

"Holly." She wailed. "I'm sorry okay! Im SO FUCKING SORRY. Please don't hurt me. I didn't know she was pregnant."

Dani stood to her feet slowly, still clutching the side of her face.

"She isn't innocent in all of this, you know. She attacked me first. What sort of mother-to-be does something like that? This isn't just my fault..."