Chapter 28 - I Will Follow You Into The Dark

She'd spent Christmas with her family and by the end of the year, she was starting to feel a bit more like her old self. After finishing school she'd got herself a job and even a hot girlfriend who went by the name of Alya. Alex had moved into a new house which meant that their parents house had to be sold. It was bittersweet as they had so many memories there, but they both knew that it would have to be sold sooner or later. She'd also changed her mobile number back to a UK one, leavin Allison and Elliot behind...almost. She thought about them now and again, but the lack of communication with the two of them meant it was easier to cut ties with them. Soon after Holly left, Allison called her and received a simple message. 'This line has been disconnected'.

For the most part, her life was back on track and she was happy, usually. The small patch of hair on her head had also grown back and she was working out at the gym 6 times a week. She was still skinny, but leaner and had more muscle than she did previously.

Her job meant that she lived away from home through the week, but she usually found time to travel back on the weekends. She was working at her friends Tattooist in the city and rented out half of his apartment above the shop for the time she was there. She'd always been interested in Art and the job paid well. At the weekends she visited Alex and her grandparents if she was home, and if she was in the city she often went out drinking with her friends.

Alya, her girlfriend had initially been a mutual friend through Chris, the guy who was her boss. Her name was Ayla. She had light, mid-length brown hair and gorgeous green eyes. She was 2 years younger than Holly which only made her 17, but she was mature for her age and maybe even more mature than Holly at times. She often travelled back home with Holly on the weekends and was always met with a warm welcome. Hollys family loved Alya just as much as Holly loved her. She was everything Holly had ever hoped for in a girlfriend...kind, loving, caring, probably more than what she deserved. But Holly had her, and she wanted to keep it that way.

It was Saturday night and the two of them were home for the weekend. She had her own room in Alexs house and they we were all having a lazy night in. There was a storm coming so they ordered takeout instead.

"Babbee." Alya called from the bottom of the stairs. "Dinner's here."

"Are you sure you didn't have a herd of elephants up there?! I could've swore they came running down the stairs." She laughed as Holly appeared at the top of the stairs.

Holly hit her on the arm as she came to the bottom of the stairs.. "Shut-up. You know how much I love my food."

"I sure do. Sometimes I think you love it more than you love me."

"Don't be silly. That's impossible." Holly grabbed hold of her and kissed her on the cheek.

"Ergh. Can you go upstairs please? You're putting me off my dinner." Alex was home.

"Get a life Alex. Anways, I thought you were going out with that girl tonight? Or has she just stood you up for someone better?"

He pulled a face.

"Sooo funny. And for your information, I AM going out. I just came down to get a sandwich when I saw the two of you necking in here. Don't wait up for me tonight either, the two of us are heading into the city so we've booked a hotel."

"Alex!!" She groaned. She hated how annoying he was sometimes..

Ayla laughed at the two of them arguing like children.

"Okay okay..I'm leaving."

He made his sandwich and disappeared upstairs to get ready. Holly carried the pizzas back upstairs and sat down on the bed. As much as she loved going to the gym, she loved pizza more. After their dinner, they watched a couple of movies on Netflix. Holly always made sure they watched horror movies because Alya was easily scared and made sure she cuddled in close to her girlfriend.