Chapter 48 - Drive

The next morning, Allison was discharged and allowed to go home. Holly had stayed by her side, watching her all night as she slept. When she had finally stopped crying long enough to fall asleep, she looked sad and broken. The doctors had told them that the bleeding would continue for a few days, and during this time, it was likely that she'd lose the babies for good.

Holly held onto her as they walked to the car, scared that she might fall apart if she let go. She always imagined that the only time they'd be leaving the hospital was with their baby in their arms...not this way.

Light conversation was made on the way home, but Allison didn't reply. She only nodded her head. It was clear that her heart had been shattered into pieces, as had Hollys. But she knew she had to stay strong, Allison needed her, and even though they had left on an argument, she wasn't going to let her crash and fall down.

"Why don't you go and lay down?" Holly asked as the two of them entered through the door.

She nodded and Holly helped her up the stairs. She didn't want to leave her, terrified that she might break down once she was alone. Once she was changed into her pjyama's, Allison got into bed and lay down. The brunette lay on top of the covers beside her, stroking her blonde hair gently. Allison had taken care of Holly all those years ago, and Holly knew that it was now her time to protect Allison. As much as she wanted to relax and not think about the events from the last few days, she couldn't stop her mind from running crazy. There was so much information to take in, and Holly felt like her brain was being fried. The biggest bomb shell of course was that there was 2 babies, not just one. Holly placed her hand on Allisons stomach gently. There had been 2 babies.She squeezed her eyes shut tightly and shook her head, trying to remove the memory from her brain. Images of Dani came flooding to her and she felt the familiar pang of anxiety hit her chest hard. Dani. She had done this. How could she possibly do this? Their babies were dead and it was all her fault.

Unable to rest, Holly left a now sleeping Allison and headed downstairs. She couldn't sit still, she knew she had to do something. Anything. She eyed the bag on the side table that belonged to Allison. No, don't do it. Privacy was respected between the two of them, and they never rifled through each others phones without permission. She tried to resist, but she couldn't. Taking a quick glance at the stairs to make sure Allison hadn't woken, she pulled the phone from her bag and began flicking through the contacts. Allison had mentioned briefly at the hospital last night that she thought she still had her cell phone number saved in her phone, but that she had blocked it after the two of them had stopped talking. Holly pulled up the blocked list and found 1 number in the list. That had to be hers.

She copied the number to her own phone and began typing a message. She felt more comfortable using her own phone number, because she didn't want Dani trying to make contact with Allison when this was all over.

'Meet me at the park, by the fountain. It's urgent, I need to talk to you.'

Her phone beeped a few minutes later. 'Who is this?'

'Allison. I have a new number.'

'Be there in 25 minutes.'

Holly knew that there was a carpark close to the park with a clear view of the fountain. Wasting no time, she wrote Allison a quick note to tell her she had gone out to the store, then grabbed her car keys and headed out of the door. The park was a 15 minute drive from their house, and she wanted to make sure she got there before Dani arrived.

------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------

Arriving at the carpark, she pulled into the parking bay and turned off the engine. She wasn't sure if Dani would be there in her car, of if she would walk. She parked as close to the corner as she could and waited.10 minutes later, she watched as a girl resembling Dani walked up to the fountain, sitting down on the wall facing away from her.

It was time to make her move.

Holly got out of the car and made her way over to where Dani was sitting. She was thankful that she wasn't able to see her arriving, or else she might have got up and ran.

"Well..I'll give you credit for showing up." Holly scoffed.

Recognising the voice as Hollys and not Allisons, Dani jumped up off the wall she was sitting on and turned around.

"You? Where's Allis.." She stuttered, pulling at the hem of her jacket.

"Shes at home. In case you weren't aware, hospital can really drain a person. Although, I'm sure you'll find out soon enough. Whats the matter, you aren't scared of me are you? You weren't scared of Allison yesterday when you pushed her, were you?" Holly poked fun at the red headed girl who was clearly beginning to panic in front of her.

"Look..." She stammered. "I don't want any trouble, ok? How is she? Is she ok?"

Holly felt her temperature begin to rise, how could she be so naive? "Are you fucking kidding me right now? Is she ok? Would YOU be ok if you lost not one, but two babies? I don't even understand whats going on in your brain to ask a question so stupid."

Dani shuffled her feet nervously. She was visibly shaken by what she had just heard, but that didn't make her any less guilty. She scoffed slightly, a small smile appearing on her face. She was nervous and Holly was extremley intimidating to her. But she still couldn't help causing even more trouble. Without thinking about anyone that might be around watching the two of them, Holly grabbed Dani by the collar of her jacket and shoved her hard against the wall.

"Do you think this is funny? Is the loss of a child...funny to you?"

Before she could finish what she was saying, a man jogged passed the two of them, staring as he passed by. Holly loosened her grasp on Dani a little, and she slumped to the side gasping for air. When the guy had disappeared out of range, Holly grabbed her jacket again and pulled her in close, whispering in her ear.

"There is NOTHING stopping me from beating you so bad that no one will recognise you. I could kill you right now, and feel no remorse for it. So tell me, what exactly can you say that will save your ass in this situation?"

"She deserves better than you anyways. She should be with me."

The redhead was slammed back against the wall, Hollys hand closing tightly around her throat.

"You're sick in the head. She doesn't want you. Get that into your fucking head. You leave the two of us alone, or you'll regret ever stepping foot in our home. I will ruin your fucking life, you got that?

Dani gasped for breath, grabbing hold of her own throat when she was finally released from Hollys grasp. She slid down the wall, falling to the floor.

"You think you're tough, don't you?" She shouted through gasps of breath. "Allison will leave you eventually, she'll move on to someone else. You're just a stupid british girl."

Holly laughed at her pathetic attempt of an insult. Was that really best she could do? She grabbed the collar of her jacket once more, pulling her up from the ground and over the wall into the fountain. Any other time this would have ended in a fight, but Holly knew that the repercussions wouldn't be worth it. Allison needed her to stay out of trouble, and she was already in deep shit with the cops after fighting with Elliot.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!" She screamed, standing up and pushing her hair out of her face.

"Trust me, you deserve so much more than that."

Dani stumbled forward, hoping over the wall and throwing herself at the brunette who was standing, still laughing at her.

"Whoa, you really need to work on those fighting skills." Holly mocked, pushing Dani back against the wall.

She threw herself at Holly once again, punching her in the stomach. Holly was winded, but she wasn't going to let her get away with it.

"You know..." She said, grabbing hold of Dani by the hair and pulling her forward. "You really like punching women in the stomach, don't you. That's already got you in a hell of a lot of trouble, don't you think?"

Holly grabbed her roughtly by the wrist and headed back in the direction of her car. "Come on, I think it's time the two of us went for a little drive."

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----