Chapter 56 - Family Planning

6 months had passed and everything was back to normal. Allison had settled back into her job at the High School and Holly had found herself a job at the local bar. It turned out that the bar was owned by Zak and Johnathan who they had met at the bar, and Holly was enjoying working there. The pair had also been introduced to a girl called Nicki who was the same age as Holly. She had a girlfriend called Taylor and the six of them had gone out on a tripple date. They were all becoming great friends. Life was good.

Although it had only been a short while since Allison had suffered a miscarriage, she was desperate to start trying again. When she first found out about the pregnancy, she was terrified. But losing the pregnancy had but things into perspective for her, and she didn't want to waste any more time. She was headed home from work, and decided that it was time to talk to Holly about what was going on in her mind. The short journey took forever as she played out different scenarios in her head. How was she going to tell her? What if Holly didn't react the way she hoped she would?

She shot her a quick message to let her know she'd be home soon.

'I'm on my way home, got off a little earlier than usual. Are you working tonight? Be home soon x'

'Great, I'll make us something to eat. At work from 8pm-1am, always busy on a thursday night. See you soon'

It was 5pm, which meant that they'd be able to spend at least 2 hours together before Holly had to leave for work. Allison decided that the two of them would eat first, then she would somehow drop it into a conversation that she wanted them to try for a baby again.

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

"This tastes so good! You know, I never understood why you chose to work behind a bar when you could've became a chef." Allison wasn't lying, the food Holly made was amazing. Always so much better than anything she could ever make.

"Well..what can I say?" She laughed, a smug look plasted over her face.

"I only serve the best food to my best girl. Can't have everyone tasting my food can I? There'd be too many girls chasing me."

Allison shook her head and laughed. "You know, if your head gets any bigger we're gonna have to make these door frames wider."

"Bitch." She smirked, standing up and clearing the plates from the table.

Allison grabbed her glass of wine from the table and followed her girlfriend into the kitchen, watching as she tossed the plated into the sink. Although she was a brilliant cook, she wasn't one to clean up. And Allison knew that those plates would be there for a good 3 hours before she gave in and cleared them for her. Holly stood leaning against the counter, looking out of the window. The sun was begininng to set and she was watching the sky.

Allison walked up behind her and slid both hands around her waist. Her chin rested gently on her shoulder as the two of them looked out of the window. Allison knew Holly was busy watching the sunset, but she couldn't stop staring at her girlfriends reflection in the window.

"How did I ever get so lucky?" The blonde asked, kissing her cheek.

She lowered her head and chuckled slightly. Allison loved the rare moments where she could make her girlfriend nervous.

"You're crazy." She mumbled.

"I'm serious. When I first saw you in class that day, I knew I wanted you from the off. Back then I could only dream of this. Now, it's a dream come true."

She turned around so that the two of them were only inches apart. "Cheesy line, Miss Laine. But I like it." She placed a small kiss on Allisons lips.

God her lips were so soft. She could kiss them all day. The two stood in a silent embrace for a short while.

"I want to have another baby."

Holly laughed nervously, then laughed again. The she stopped laughing when she realised Allison was serious. She moved back slightly, getting a better look at the blondes face. She was expecting her to be joking, but she had a serious look on her face.

"Y..you what?" She stuttered.

"I want to have a baby." Allison spoke again firmly, keeping the two of them in an embrace.

"Are you sure? I mean after last time..."

"If I wasn't sure, I wouldn't have said anything. But It's been running through my head for weeks now. I wanted to tell you but I didn't know if I should say anything. Don't you want one?"

Holly pulled away, moving to the other side of the kitchen to lean against the countertop. She was silent for a moment, sending Allison into a panic.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything."

Holly shook her head and turned around. "Of course I want a baby. I was just worried that what happened had scared you off the whole idea. I mean, I know you weren't too keen on the idea in the first place. But I'm glad you told me. Actually, I've been thinking about it for a couple of months but bringing it up didn't seem like a good idea as I wasn't sure if you could go through those emotions again if it was to happen a second time."

Holly took the older womans hands in hers and squeezed tightly. They smiled at each other, tears forming in Allisons eyes. They were really going to do this.

"Let's make a baby." She gleamed, kissing her gently on the forehead.