Chapter 43 - The Stranger

Allison pushed the woman out onto the porch and shut the front door behind her, hoping that Holly wouldn't be able to hear the two of them if she woke up.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Can't I come to see my favourite girl? I miss you."

Allison scoffed. "Oh please, don't give me that bullshit. We both know that you're lying. So, why are you really here?"

The girl looked down at the ground for a few seconds, before she sighed and told the truth.

"Okay, fine. You got me. I don't have anywhere to stay, and I was wondering...can I stay here?"

Allison raised her eyebrows, laughing nervously. This girl had some nerve. "You've got to be fucking kidding me? Right? I don't hear from you for years and now you want me to give you a place to stay?...What happened to your head?" She noticed a cut on the girls forehead that was still bleeding.

"I wouldn't ask if I was desperate. My Dad had an argument with my Mom again, I tried to stop them and he turned around and hit me. I didn't know where else to go."

Allison didn't know what to do. If she let her stay in her home, Holly would ask questions about her in the morning. But if she made her sleep on the streets, she didn't know what might happen to her.

She sighed. "Tonight. But that's it."

The girl smiled, and Allison instantly knew that she had made a mistake. Reluctantly, she opened the door and let her into the house.

"If you need anything, just help yourself."

"I know this place like the back of my hand."  She said, sitting down and making herself comfortable on the couch.

"You can sleep here." Allison stated bluntly. She knew that Dani would take any form of kindness as a sign that something could happen between the two of them, so she had to be as cold as possible.

"Oh c'mon, not even inviting me up to the bedroom? I'm sure I'd be more comfortable up there."

Allison folded my arms. "No! Actually, my girlfriend is asleep upstairs. So be quiet, I don't want you waking her up. You can use the downstairs bathroom. It doesn't have a shower, but it has a toilet and a sink and thats all you need. I want you gone in the morning. You don't speak to Holly, and you definitely don't overstay your welcome. I want you to leave when I leave for work."

She smirked at Allison. "Another student, I'm guessing? Come on Allison, you can tell me."

"Goodnight."  Allison stated, leaving the room and shuttin the door behind her.

Dani watched the older woman leave the room. Wow, she thought to herself. It had been 5 years since the two of them had saw each other. The house looked exactly the same, same furniture, same wallpaper, same pictures. All except one.

Being unable to help herself, she stood up and picked up the picture frame. Inside was a picture of Allison and a girl. A girl she could only assume was her girlfriend. She looked a little bit younger than Allison, but not by much. Dani wondered if she had been one of Allison's students.

This angered her, a burning sensation in the pit of her stomach. She envied her, she couldn't lie. She got to lay beside Allison. She had hoped Allison would have let her stay in the same bed with her. She always used to let her.

------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------

The next morning, Holly woke and instantly laid her hand on the side of her head. She winced in pain, the hangover in full effect. Allison was in the corner getting dressed, and Holly watched from under the covers as she slid her trousers up over her thighs.