34

As soon as she disappeared from his view, she dropped her bubbly attitude and smile.

Rushing inside her house and running upstairs to her parents' empty room, she peeked through the curtains to see if the brunet had left.

He stayed standing there for a few seconds, before turning his back and walking the opposite direction.

Mei glared at Oikawa's figure, before leaving the room and going to hers.

When she entered her room, she glared at it too. She purposely made her room to be a replica of Tobio's, because her cousin taught her that imitating a person was the best kind of flattery.

But when she showed her room to Tobio, he wasn't flattered at all. In fact he was shocked and disgusted.

What was his problem? She did it for him after all! Ungrateful bastard.

Walking towards her bed, she fell down on her stomach, before rolling on her back, staring at the ceiling.

She first saw Kageyama at the beginning of the school year. He looked determined, but also nervous, but he was so handsome. Since then she followed him around.

It took her months to confess, and imagine her surprise when he agreed.

She had the biggest smile on her face when she heard the words "sure, I guess" come out from his lips.

She hugged and kissed him a lot, but he was against public displays of affections. Despite not liking volleyball she still watched his games and put up with the boringness of it all.

She scared away his other pursuers with her baseball bat, and showered him with love letters everyday.

She remembered on their third date she dragged him to look at wedding gowns. He was quiet and patient with her as she rummaged at the white gowns.

What even went wrong in their relationship?

Sure she was clingy, possessive, protective and has temper issues. But she thought he liked her just as she is because he never, not once, voiced a complaint!

Mei found herself feeling angry again. "I gave my all in our relationship and he gave me nothing in return" she bit her lip.

And he didn't even had the balls to break up with her in person. All she got was a shitty "hey, it's over. Sorry" text message and that was that!

And what did she replace her with? That flat ass pretty boy with the stupid smile and barely with a personality.

The more she thought about Tobio and Oikawa, the angrier she got.

She cringed at the times she acted happy and supportive of them, even the time she printed those stupid t-shirts, that banner, and the badges! Well...she has to admit that part wasn't that bad. She enjoyed spreading the mindset for sexual diversity, gender doesn't determine who you love after all.

But Oikawa....there's just something so annoying about Oikawa!

Then she remembered her conversation with Hinata, and then with Oikawa. About how long Tobio and Oikawa have been together.

Something wasn't adding up.

Then she remembered her cousin told her an interesting story.

That he met someone who was drunk, and revealed to him that he's in a fake relationship to get someone off his back. Or something like that.

Mei sat up in her bed, and started pondering what she should do.

_______________________

Tobio couldn't stop staring at the bracelet. He smiled I'm adoration at it, imaging Tooru sitting cross legged on his bed or chair making a loom band bracelet for him, starting over again, and a look of total concentration because he wants the bracelet to be perfect for his Tobio-chan.

The raven haired boy snickered at the thought.

He brought the bracelet to his lips, and kisses it tentatively. Remembering how Tooru kissed him in the ferris wheel.

Sweet, loving, happy.

Then how he kissed him when they were walking to his house.

Excited, dominant, desirable

Tobio lay there on his bed, the bracelet pressed against his lips.

He has accepted that what they have isn't fake, everything is real.

(Author: finally we made progress. Tobio accepts that what Tooru feels for him and what he feels for Tooru is true, and we get to delve more about Mei. Keep commenting your thoughts, things are about to get a messy soon)