47

It took a lot of convincing, but in the end Tooru managed to convince Tobio to meet his parents again, this time as his boyfriend.

Now here they are, three days later

Tobio gulped as he stood Infront of Tooru's house, his palms were sweaty from nervousness, and his knees were buckling uncontrollably. Tooru placed an arm around him. "You have nothing to worry about Tobio-chan! They'll adore you"

"How would you know?" Tobio frowned.

"Because they're my parents" Tooru grinned. "But-" Tobio was cut off by a finger to his lips. "Shush! Now onward!" He pushed his boyfriend towards his house.

"MOM! I'm home!" He bellowed into the house, removing his shoes and placing them in the shoe rack, Tobio doing the same.

His mother poked her head out from the kitchen. "Ara, Tooru! Welcome home, and you're friend is here too, visiting again?" She smiled warmly at Tobio.

Tobio blushed and nodded at her. "Y-yes" he stuttered out. Tooru beamed at him in adoration. "You really are cute" he whispered to himself, but Tobio heard this and blushed even more.

"Where's dad?" He asked, walking into the kitchen. "Upstairs, doing work" His mother responded, busy with making sandwiches.

Tobio bit his lip and gently bumped his boyfriend's side. "Stop beating around the bush" he whispered to him. He's scared but he might as well just get this whole thing over with. Tooru nodded understandingly. "Hey, mom can you get pops to come down? I have something to say to you both"

His mother looked at him in confusion. "Is it really important?"

"To me it is" Tooru responded.

Mrs. Oikawa nodded at her son. "I see, very well then. I'll get your dad" she went upstairs, leaving the boys alone.

"Nervous?" Tooru asked.

"I'm a mess" Tobio responded, wiping his sweaty palms on his pants.

Tooru smiled at him affectionately, before pressing his lips against Tobio's temple. Tobio blushed darkly, making Tooru's heart swell. He's a really lucky guy.

"Let's go to the living room" Tooru led his boyfriend to the living room. The couple sat on the couch together, holding hands as they waited impatiently for Tooru's parents.

Soon, Mr and Mrs. Oikawa came downstairs. "Tooru?" Mrs. Oikawa looked in the kitchen.

"We're over here!" Their son called from the living room.

The husband and wife went to the living room and saw the boys sitting closely together on the couch.

They took to sit on the loveseats across from the couch. "What's wrong honey?" Mrs. Oikawa asked worriedly. "What do you need to tell us?" Mr. Oikawa asked.

Tobio was biting the inside of his cheek so much that he managed to draw out blood. He cringed at the metallic taste of his blood, but still kept his mouth shut. Tooru cleared his throat. "This is Kageyama Tobio" he introduced.

His parents looked at him oddly. "Yes dear we know" Mrs. Oikawa said.

"He's my-"

"-boyfriend" Tobio finished for him. He flinched when he saw his boyfriend's parents' eyes widen into the size of plates. They clearly did not expect to hear this.

"He--What?" Mrs. Oikawa stammered.

"My boyfriend" Tooru laces their fingers together.

For a while his parents just sat their stunned. They didn't know what to say. And then, Tooru's father stood up, and left the room, heading upstairs and locking himself in his office.

"How long have...you two-" Mrs. Oikawa pointed between them. "We've only just become official a few weeks ago" Tobio said shyly. "But we've liked each other for a really long time! In fact, I've liked Tobio since middle school" Tooru declared proudly.

"You never mentioned him" Mrs. Oikawa pointed out.

The couple ignored her comment however.

"Mom, I can't ask you to accept us. I'm fact my boyfriend-" the boys noticed how she cringed when he referred to Tobio as his boyfriend "-- was very nervous and reluctant about being introduced to you two as my boyfriend. He was scared"

Mrs. Oikawa's eyes lowered to their interlaced fingers.

"But please don't try to force us apart, he makes me happy" Tooru sent his precious Tobio an adoring smile, making Tobio, once again, blush a deep shade of red.

Mrs. Oikawa sighed. "Are you sure this isn't...just a phase?" She awkwardly smiled.

"No!" Was Tooru's and Tobio's angry responses. Her son was offended she'd even consider his feelings for Tobio as 'just a phase'

"How do you know this?" She demanded.

"Mom, my feelings for Tobio are very much true! In fact, I've been attracted to guys since I was thirteen years old! Iwa-chan was my first crush!" Tooru revealed angrily.

"And Tobio-chan is my first love" he thought, almost dreamily.

Mrs. Oikawa stood up from her seat, and like her husband, left the living room, headed upstairs, and locked herself in the bedroom.

Tooru felt hurt and disappointed at his parents's reactions, but in all honesty, he actually anticipated this outcome.

"I thought you said your parents are open minded people?" Tobio reminded.

"They're open minded to others, but..." Tooru sighed. "I guess not for their own son" he was hurt, but he'll get over it. No doubt they will try and talk to him later about his relationship with Tobio and he's also anticipating that they will end up in an argument. He's really not looking forward to it.

"Hey, you know what? Now that that's over and done with!" He stood up and held out his hand for his boyfriend to take. "let's go play volleyball, call Tsukishima and Hinata or Suga and Daichi or pretty much anyone really, just as long as we get to play together"

Tobio could see the sadness in Tooru's eyes that he tried to mask. Nevertheless he took Tooru's outstretched hand and agreed. He'll be Tooru's temporary distraction.

"Yeah" he smiled, and kisses the corners of Tooru's mouth.

On their way out of the house, they both realized something but didn't voice it out.

Mei hasn't bothered them for the past few days

Huh

Well good for them! They don't have to deal with a pest.