39

"You know what?"

"I don't know what" Tobio deadpanned. Mei gave him a ticked off look before continuing. "Your relationship with Oikawa-san is really cute"

"Thanks" Tobio responded, still looking uninterested.

"How come you weren't as invested in our relationship, as you are with your relationship now with Oikawa-san?" Mei pouted, crossing her arms. "I mean you wouldn't take me to dates unless I tell you I want to go on a date, you talked about volleyball and complained a lot about Hinata-kun being stupid, and whenever I talk about my day you just nod!"

"Sorry" Tobio scratched the back of his neck. He did look genuinely sorry, so Mei restrained herself from hitting the back of his neck with her fist.

"You were my first relationship, to be fair. So I just played along with whatever you want" Tobio frowned. "I'm sorry if I wasn't a good boyfriend to you"

"Your break up to me was really shitty too" Mei reminded. "You could have told me in person you know, but instead I got fucking 'hey I'm sorry it's over' text message!"

"That was self preservation!" Tobio defended turning the corner to an alley, it was a short cut to school. "If I broke up with you face to face you would have broken my bones with your bat!"

"No! I would have only broken your jaw!" Mei corrected.

"That makes it better?" Tobio looked at her in a mixture of anger and disbelief.

Mei cringed at the look he gave her

Mei cringed at the look he gave her. "Uhh...you don't need your jaw to play volleyball right? Hehe" she forced out a laugh.

"Mei" Tobio gave her a warning tone.

"Whatever! I still think you should have broken up with me in person, rather than through a stupid text message" she grumbled, gripping the straps of her bag.

"You're such a wussy sometimes Tobio-kun!" when she saw their school building she ran a head.

Tobio's brow twitched when she called him a wussy, but he decided to just let it go.

He checked his phone to see if his boyfriend texted him, and found two new notifications.

Mei's cousin Rei sent him a message at the same time Tooru did.

Rei: Yoo-hoo! Kageyama-kun! Did you get to school alright? Good morning!
6:59am

Tooru: Yoohoo! Tobio-chan have you already arrived at school? :)
6:59am

He replied to Tooru first.

Me: yeah, I did
7:00am

But he thought he sounded cold so he added

Me: What about you? Are you already at school?
7:00am

He then replied to Rei

Me: Yeah
7:01am

"Only 'yeah'? You're not even going to ask me if I arrived at school alright?" Came a voice behind him. "And no good morning back?"

Tobio jumped, and spun around only to be greeted by Rei smiling at him with both his eyes closed.

"You--What are you doing here?" Tobio found himself asking.

"Mei left her bento at home, so I thought to bring it to her. Honestly, that girl could be so careless sometimes" Rei said with a sigh, raising his hand to show him the green wrapped box.

"Ah.." Tobio nodded at him.

"Well, ja ne! I'll go take this to Mei now" Rei walked pass him, but then stopped. "Uhhh....where is her homeroom?"

"She's in the same homeroom as me" Tobio answered. "I'll...take you to her"

"Ah? Okie!" Rei grinned, showing off his two sharp looking canines. "Arigato Kageyama-kun!" He followed Tobio inside the building.