42

Tobio found himself relaxing. He no longer felt like he needs to watch his back around Mei, he's calmer now, and managed to focus on their tutoring sessions.

Tobio thought that Mei would make a good teacher. Her teaching methods are a lot easier to follow than their teacher's, well at least that's his opinion.

The formula that usually takes him hours to understand now took him a matter of minutes to do properly. "Nice job Tobio-kun" Mei praised as she checked his paper.

Tobio nodded, smiling appreciatively at her. "I have you to thank for"

Mei smiled back.

They continued with their sessions undisturbed, Tobio feeling comfortable. "This feels very normal doesn't it?" Mei brought up. "You and me in my room, me tutoring you and you understanding me" she smiled at him. "Don't you feel the same way?"

"I guess so" Tobio said. "Yeah, it does feel normal"

"It does, doesn't it?" Mei beamed at him, moving herself to be closer to the boy. "I mean you were always uncomfortable with us being alone in my room"

"I was?" Tobio looked at her. "I just didn't like the fact that you remodeled your bedroom to look exactly like mine" he explained. "It was creepy"

Mei frowned. "I did it for you" she scoffed. "You should have been flattered!"

"I'm sorry but, it made me uncomfortable" Tobio admitted. "You're, a nice girl Mei but, sometimes you can be a bit...too much". He eyed her warily, fearing she might get up and grab her bat.

"Then I'm sorry" she apologized. Tobio heard the sincerity in her voice, and just nodded at her, patting her shoulder in what he hoped was a comforting way.

They tried to return to normal, Mei teaching him next about English, fixing his grammar.

Eventually, it was time for Tobio to leave.

"Thanks Mei" He said, gathering his things. The girl was quiet, watching the boy pack up. She bit her lip and repeatedly tapped her finger on her knee, her eyes glued to his movement.

"Tobio-kun, you know my feelings for you are real right?" She stood up. Tobio looked at her quizzically. "I've always liked you Tobio-kun" she continued. "And I still have feelings for you" she twiddled with her fingers. "They grow stronger everyday" she blushingly looked at him.

Tobio shifted awkwardly. "I don't feel the same" he whispered, wanting so badly to leave.

Mei's eyes flared in anger, before turning sorrowful. "Tobio-kun, I like you so much that it's hurting my heart" she stepped forward. "I did everything I could to please you! Everything!"

Tobio stepped backwards until he was cornered against the wall.

"I supported you and always smiled at you and-- and I showed you everyday how much I adore you!" Now she sounded angry. "But you still broke up with me!" She grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pulled his face down so that they were inches apart. Tobio tried pulling his head away but he was scared that one false move would end up with them kissing, and he did not want his lips to meet Mei's.

"Mei you over stepped your boundaries!" Tobio snapped. "That's why I broke up with you!"

Mei laughed cruelly. "Oh, I'll show you over stepping boundaries!" She then smashed their lips together.

Because Tobio was in shock she managed to slip his tongue inside his mouth and touched his own.

He shivered in disgust. He grabbed her arms, and pushed her off him, before aggressive wiping his lips with the back of his hand. He glared down at Mei with anger and resentment. Mei just looked at him with a smile.

Tobio grabbed his bag, and stormed out of the room and stomped all the way down the stairs.

He slammed the door loudly when he made his way out of the house.

When he was about six feet away he stopped walking and turned around, only to see Mei watching him from her window. He glared at her before turning his back and leaving.

______________________________

"What do you want Tokoto?" Tooru growled, slamming Rei against the wall in some alley he dragged the blonde to.

Rei just chuckled. "Ahh, so it's true then! And cute Kageyama-kun wasn't just blabbing off drunkenly that day..." He placed a hand on the hand that's gripping his collar. "You two pretended to be in a relationship so you can fool my little cousin into staying away from Kageyama? I don't blame you though"

He placed a finger near his head and twirled it. "She's crazy--well, note entirely, I can assure you she's still a little sane" he tapped the side of his head. "She gets it from her mom's side"

"That's not very reassuring" Tooru stepped back. He glared suspiciously at Rei who dusted his clothes. "So where do you fall in this category? Are you gonna tell that psycho cousin of yours?"

"I don't know~" Rei placed his hands in his pocket and walked out of the alley, Tooru following behind him.

"I just want things to be more exciting Oikawa-san" he started walking backwards, keeping his eyes on Tooru. "So try not to bore me alright?"

Tooru decided he doesn't like Rei very much.

In fact, he's making a mental note to stay away from every family member of Mei's, if he ever gets to meet them.

(Author: Rei is actually fond of Kageyama and Oikawa)