40

Tobio tried to focus his attention on what their teacher was saying. He knew he had to improve his grades or else there will be consequences. His parents were not so happy with the last report card he showed them and they even threatened to make him quit volleyball.

But he couldn't focus. At least, not entirely.

His brain was divided in half. The first half is forced to pay attention to the lesson, while the other half daydreamed about his boyfriend Tooru.

Boyfriend. It felt surreal. Oikawa Tooru is his boyfriend. He couldn't stop his lips from forming a smile on his usually frowning face. He looked down at his wrist to admire the loom band bracelet Tooru made for him.

"Kageyama-kun! Pay attention!" The teacher threw chalk at him and successfully hit his forehead.

The class snickered at him, but they were silenced when they heard the teacher hitting the board with a stick.

Tobio rubbed his forehead and secretly glared at the teacher. But  as annoyed as he is, he's also thankful to be pulled out of his daydream. "Alright, stop thinking about him and focus on the lesson instead!" He yelled at himself in his head, feeling determined

"Your grades need improvement idiot! Don't stoop down to Hinata's level!"

Shoyo suddenly felt annoyance for no reason, and he found himself looking at Tobio's seat. "Why am I suddenly annoyed with him?"

They had a short quiz afterwards about the lesson that was discussed.

And because the raven haired boy was barely paying attention he received a low mark.

Mei looked pitifully at the suddenly gloomy boy. "He's not the best in class but he also wasn't  the worst one" the girl thought. "Perhaps he's distracted? But what's distracting him? Is it volleyball again?"

After class, Mei approached Tobio who still hadn't moved from his seat, and was still glaring holes at his quiz score.

"Oi oi, Tobio-kun, keep staring at your paper like that it might catch on fire" she joked.

Tobio seemed surprised to see her. "How long have you been there?"

Mei frowned at him. "Do you want to improve your grades?"

"Obviously" Tobio remarked with a "duh" tone. Mei bit the inside of her cheek out of annoyance. "Well congrats! You just earned me as your tutor!"

Before Tobio could protest however she pressed her hand against his mouth.

"Meet me at my house at 7 sharp. Don't be late" then without another look she left him alone in the classroom.

________________________

"Tobio-chan" Tooru greeted by the school gates after school.

Tobio was sweaty from practice and Tsukishima hid his spare clothes as a prank, so he was forced to meet the brunet all sweaty and smelled like.....well, smelled like sweat obviously.

"Hi" Tobio greeted.

Tooru looked at him up and down, making Tobio feel self conscious. "S-sorry I'm meeting you looking and smelling like this, Tsukishima hid my spare clothes and I didn't want to make you wait-"

Tooru cut him off by pulling out a blue handkerchief from his jacket pocket and started wiping Tobio's sweaty face.

Then he took out a small towel from his bag, turned Tobio around, lifted up the back of his shirt, and then wiped his sweaty back.

Tobio blushed darkly, feeling his hands get sweaty. Tooru spun him around to face him, and then planted a kiss on his forehead.

"Wanna eat watermelon popsicles? My treat" Tooru grinned at him.

Tobio simply nodded.

Tooru held out his arm, and Tobio shyly link arms with him.