73

(A.N. Ik it's been literally over a year, but I still have to finish this book no matter how long it takes me. Leaving it unfinished just wasn't sitting right with me.)

"This your friend party why you taking so long to leave." Zaidee watched Kofi as he put on his deodorant in what seemed like slow motion.

"I don't gotta be the first one there, hell he got other friends." Kofi said and closed his deodorant and began spraying some cologne.

"Okay but it's pushing ten o'clock, what time you plan on getting to the party? It started at eight." She was already dressed and now she was just waiting on him. Deja had already called her twice asking if they were still coming.

"We finna go now." He grabbed his keys and phone off the dresser and began walking out. Zaidee turned off the lights as she followed behind him.

He opened the door and waited for her to walk out before walking out himself and locking the door.

Zaidee heard the doors unlock and got in the passenger's seat and Kofi hopped in the driver's seat shortly after.

As soon as they got on the road Kofi pulled his phone out, texting someone. Zaidee rolled her eyes and texted Deja letting her know they were finally on the way.

"What you so quiet for?" He looked over at her as he connected his phone to the radio with bluetooth. Music started playing and he turned it down some.

"I just don't have anything to say to you right now." She shrugged her shoulders as she stared straight ahead. Her mind was racing but he'd brought her out of her thoughts. She was wondering what he had been doing all day.

Kofi gave her a weird look before speaking again. "I let you put the 360 shit on my phone, what you still mad for?"

"I'm not mad." She told him, still not bothering to look at him. She really wasn't mad, she was just trying to think.

Kofi looked at her again trying to read her blank facial expression, but he couldn't tell what she could've been thinking.

"You good?" He asked.

"Not to be rude or anything, but please don't ask me that now when you were ignoring me all day when I was trying to make sure you were good."  She was wondering why he was concerned now. He hadn't bothered to contact her all day. What made him change his mind and communicate now?

"I feel you. I'm sorry for ignorin' you all day. How you want me to make it up to you?" He placed his right hand on her thigh which was exposed.

She still didn't look at him. "Go back to the apartment." She said in a flat tone.

He quickly looked over at her with a questioning look on his face. "Huh?" He raised his eyebrows wondering what she was tryna do.

"Nigga go back to the apartment I forgot something." She said, but this time louder.

They weren't too far, maybe ten minutes. "What you forget?" He asked while he prepared to get into a turning lane.

"Boy just go back."  She waved him off.

"Nigga I am." He said.

He began driving a little faster wanting to get there quickly.

When they got back he stayed seated in the drivers seat and gave Zaidee the keys so she could run back in. While he waited on her he occupied his self with his phone.

He didn't notice she was back until he heard the back door open. He quickly looked back and watched her toss one of her duffel bags in the backseat before closing it.