58

Trust me, Deja going to be fine.

"I don't even care right now." Zaidee frowned as she looked at the many different dresses. "You can pick one." She mumbled. She was still upset about Antwon.

"What? I'm not picking yo' prom dress. I know you still mad about that shit but you need to push it to the side for a minute." Kofi let out a sigh while feeling a bit annoyed.

Zaidee looked at a long blue and gold dress that was on a mannequin. "I know, but I feel like such a bad best friend. Like, all those times she stuck up for me and all I did was throw my phone at him. I should've acted faster and did more damage." Zaidee touched the dress, admiring how soft it was.

"Yeah but that ain't nothing like the situations she took up for you in." He looked towards the doorway of the store as someone else entered.

"Well, why didn't you do anything? Like you literally just sat there. You didn't tell him it was wrong or anything. Why is that?" Zaidee looked up at him with a questioning look on her face. She felt like he should've set his friend straight, or at least said something to him.

"Because, that nigga not my son. He know when he doin' wrong. He know that shit ain't right. Whatever I tell him not gon' do shit." Kofi wasn't trying to get in anybody else's business. The only relationship he was worried about was the one he had with Zaidee. "Maybe you can talk to her or some shit and see wassup. If she seem like he forcin' her to stay with him then we can do some about it."

"When do I talk to her? Do he be at her house?" Zaidee asked as she tried to think of when Deja and Antwon wouldn't be hanging out.

"Hell I don't know, that's for you to find out since you wanna be involved so bad." Kofi shrugged his shoulders as he examined some of the dresses. His eyes landed on a few he liked.

"Well you the one that suggested it." Zaidee mumbled as she quickly averted her gaze. Her eyes landed on a silver dress, that was glittery all over with a mermaid like design. The way it fit the mannequin had Zaidee in awe. "Look at this one." She got Kofi's attention.

*******

"These jeans fit ugly." Zaidee complained as she stood in the body mirror outside of the fitting room.

"How they fit ugly? What we not about to do is stand in here all day. Find you some damn jeans so we can go. I wanna go get me some shoes." Kofi looked her up and down not really paying attention.

"You take longer picking out one pair of shoes than me finding a whole outfit." She mumbled while rolling her eyes. She took one last look in the mirror and went back in the dressing room.

Kofi ignored her and focused his gaze on the other people in the store. He had been staring at this one girl worker who was petite and pretty to him.

The girl had been staring at him too and she was lowkey getting overly excited that he was paying her some attention.

"Here." He quickly turned just as Zaidee dropped about five pairs of jeans in his hands. "Let's go." She motioned towards the register with one hand while her other hand held some shirts.

"Don't be ordering me the fuck around." Kofi mugged her while doing what she had told him to.

After leaving that store they headed to the shoe store. They had already been in there for about twenty minutes and Kofi hadn't picked out anything.

"Look at this though." He showed the male worker a shoe. "This hoe fye. But then again, ion' know." He looked at the shoe then back at the guy who obviously didn't care.