6

Aight

Kofi Azeem

"Yeah bro, I'm finna head out now." I nodded unintentionally as I chopped it up with my boy Ant on the phone.

"Aight man. Imma' see you inna few then."

"Aight." I said before ending the call.

I left out my lil apartment and locked up before going to my whip and getting in.

A nigga got his own place. When I was locked up my mama made sure I wasn't coming back to her house to stay. She was pissed because I was chasing the fast cash with my uncle and cousin, but I wasn't stunting her though. I was on a money chase. I needed my own whip and I needed to make a name for myself. I was a skinny ass nigga and when I was younger lil niggas used to mess with my ass all the time.

So I turned to my cousin and he held my back and my uncle taught me a few things about defending myself. I actually got some muscle though since I was locked up. I taught myself how to beat niggas senseless though. I be having a lot of anger to release and niggas be volunteering to be a punching bag.

I been had my own place for a week or so now. I was making grown man moves because hell, I am grown. Only reason I haven't dropped out of school is cause that's not on my agenda. I feel like niggas who don't graduate high school just went out sad. Shit not cool.

I'm a demanding ass nigga. Plus I'm cocky. I want what I want when I want it and if I have to take it then so be it. If I work for shit and I'm proud of it, imma show that shit off. Niggas don't fuck with me no more because they know I'm not the one. Well... let's say smart niggas don't fuck with me.

*********

I slapped wrists with my boy Antwon. Me and that nigga been cool since elementary. He ain't ever switched up on a nigga and I appreciate him for that on some real shit.

"My nigga how you feelin'?" He asked.

"Nigga I'm gucci." I smirked before rubbing my chin.

"Hey Kofi." I looked down and seen this lil thot named Kylie. I heard she ain't got no reflex so that neck straight fire.

"Wassup." I gave her a head nod with a sly smirk.

"What you doing this weekend?" She asked me and her index finger landed on my chest.

"I ain't got shit planned right now. Wassup?"

She bit her bottom lip. "My girl having a lil party. You and your friends should stop by."

I nodded. "We might come say wassup."

"Okay. See you later." She smiled and I nodded watching her walk off.

"That hoe definitely got that community pussy." I shook my head.

"You right about that." Ant laughed.

I shrugged. "I just want the neck anyways."

We met up with Tez and made our way into the building. People started moving and I shook my head. "Y'all ain't gotta do that shit. Go back to y'all morning."

With that they crowded the halls again. My eyes gazed around as we turned down one hall, going down another.

"My nigga imma catch y'all later." I turned to Ant.

"Aight." He nodded and I walked off.

"Wassup?" I shut the girl's locker and she looked at me surprised and shit.

"Uh, h-Hey."

I rolled my eyes. Zaidee was a unique character. I don't know how I never noticed her before I got locked up. She was all shy and shit but she wasn't no hoe and she wasn't messy and that's something I liked about her.

That altercation from yesterday in the hall just let me know she was shy but she had priorities; school being one of them.

She was my type and I'm not even gon front, a nigga was about to be acting territorial as fuck.

She was so sweet that it's like you didn't wanna hurt her feeling because you knew she ain't deserve the shit. I done seen her get walked over a few times and she don't be sayin' shit. That shit irk me because she too pretty to let bitches punk her and shit.

I'm ambitious. When I want something I get it.

And I usually ain't worried about these hoes because of the fact that they hoes and I'm not investing shit in that.

But Zaidee wasn't one of these high school hoes and my gut was telling me to mark her before some other nigga attempted to.

I knew I wasn't her type but she just gon have to adjust to a nigga because I wasn't goin no where.

I looked at her natural face and licked my lips.

"Yo' why you always being shy wit' me and shit?" I asked while gazing down at her.

She shrugged and I smacked my lips.

"From now on, when you talk to me, you gotta respond verbally. Aight?"

She nodded.

I sighed heavily.

"I mean yeah." She spoke softly and I nodded.

"Imma' drop you off today. Aight?" I looked over at some girl that was staring at me. She was aight.

I licked my lips and she blushed.

I looked back down at Zaidee and she was looking at her nails.

"Aye, you heard me?" I asked and she nodded.

Nigga.

"Zaid—"

"Yes. I meant yes." She said cutting me off.

"Aight." I nodded. "Where Deja?"

"I think she said she had to go to the gym." She said in her soft ass voice.

I checked the time on my phone. "Imma' talk to you later." I said.

"Okay."

I looked at her for about three more seconds before walking off to find my boy Antwon.

"Nigga why you talking to my girl?" Deja came up to me.

"Damn can a nigga breathe?" I stepped back some. "That's my girl too." I smirked.

"Nigga I don't know what kind of games you tryna play but don't play my best friend. She get attached easily and she don't deserve to get her heart broke by a nigga like you." She poked me in my damn chest.

"Aight. I got you." I mugged her weird ass.