49

excuse any typos.

"It feels weird and I feel like it's gonna be awkward, but I'm ready to give him a second chance so it probably won't be." Zaidee said honestly as she sat in the passenger side of Deja's car. Her leg bounced as she stared out of the window, looking at everything they drove past. She didn't quite know how she was feeling at the moment, other than nervous. She was trying to imagine how it would be to see Kofi every single day. She had gotten so lost in her thoughts that she didn't even hear Deja talking to her.

"Zai!" Deja called out for the third time, finally catching Zaidee's attention.

"Huh?" Zaidee said as she looked over at her with her eyebrows raised.

"You over there deep in yo' thoughts, I was trying to ask you if you wanted to stop anywhere, maybe for some food or anything." Deja said while shaking her head at her best friend. Deja had been noticing how stressed her best friend seemed about her whole life, it bothered her that she didn't know exactly how to fix everything, but she just stuck to being there whenever Zaidee needed her.

Thinking about what Deja had just said, Zaidee soon shook her head. "No, I'm okay." She said lowly.

"No! I'm not leaving until you give me a good reason as to why you didn't answer any of my calls or texts this morning!" Hayley yelled. She was fuming, she had called Kofi over 20 times this morning after he had texted her last night that she was gonna have to "fall back". She didn't wanna fall back, not now, not in a few weeks, not ever. She thought she had Kofi wrapped around her finger, but he was making it seem like she didn't.

"Hayley I don't know what else you want me to say. I'm not fuckin' with you no more! I'm done! You cut the fuck off!" He began yelling like she was, but louder. He wanted to just slide her out his door but he didn't want her to be extra.

"Maybe you can tell me what the hell is going on!?" Hayley have him a look as if he was dumb as her hands swiped every which way in the air.

"Oh." Kofi said. He hadn't really thought about telling her what was going on straight up. "Me and my ex tryna work shit out and I don't need you or no other female I been messin' with gettin' in the way." He told her truthfully. The living room fell silent. "Now you can head out." He told her.

It took a minute but Kofi soon heard Hayley's sniffles fill his ears. "Why are you doing this to me?" She asked as her tears began sliding down her face. "I've been here for you, not her." She shook her head. She couldn't believe he was really cutting her off. She knew he had told her over and over that they were nothing serious and she was just one of the females that he was seeking pleasure from, but she didn't want to believe that. She wanted him to want her. "Why do you want her so bad? She has nothing on me! I'm like her, times ten!" She began shouting out of hurt and anger. "Do you love that... that... female?" She refrained from calling Zaidee a bitch.

Kofi furrowed his eyebrows he didn't know if he wanted to answer that question truthfully knowing it would hurt her feelings even more, or if he should lie to her and then probably have to answer a hundred more questions from her.

"Yea Hayley damn. I don't know why you doin' the fuckin' most right now, you actin' like we really had something." He was frustrated and confused about Hayley's actions. Why couldn't she get the fuck out already?

Hayley shook her head. "I moved schools for you! Left the private school that my parents paid thousands of dollars for, for you! I broke up with my boyfriend, FOR YOU!" She yelled. Kofi didn't know she had moved schools for him. She'd told him that her parents couldn't afford to send her to private schooling anymore. He never knew about her being in a relationship and none of that really mattered because at the end of the day, he continuously told her that they were nothing serious.

"You ain't tell me all that. But that's not my business so you can get the fuck out now." Kofi said the only words that came to mind.

"Wow! You really are just a piece of shit. I'm trying to give you everything! All of me! And what? You're just pushing me to the side?" To say that Hayley disregarded everything Kofi had told her about them not being serious would be an understatement. She heard him, but she was still fighting the fight.

"I'm not even pushin' you to the side. I'm cuttin' you off completely." He clarified. A look of shock took over her face.

"You known what? I'm not even gonna worry about it because I know you'll be hitting my line soon." Hayley assured herself.

"That's coo', you can leave now." Kofi shrugged carelessly.

Surprisingly, Hayley listened that time. She sadly nodded her head and grabbed her bag, leaving without saying another word.

"Bout time." Kofi mumbled before sitting down on his couch.

"Make sure he's up first." Deja said to Zaidee as they sat out in the parking lot.

Zaidee nodded her head before opening her door and getting out. She noted towards the staircase, stopping abruptly as another figure was jogging down.

The girl looked up after wiping her eyes carefully, not trying to mess up her eyeliner. The two immediately recognized each other and while shock and confusion covered Zaidee's, anger covered Hayley's.

Hayley didn't say a word, she just pushed past Zaidee and kept it moving.

Zaidee stood frozen for a while before she actually began walking up the steps. She knocked on the door twice before it swung open swiftly causing her to gasp.

"My bad, I thought you was somebody else, I was finna be pissed off." Kofi said while shaking his head.

"You thought I was Hayley?" Zaidee asked.

"Yeah.." Kofi mumbled.

OMG I KNOW IT HAS BEEN A WHILE AND THIS CHAPTER DOESNT MAKE UP FOR IT BUT I AM WORKING ON THE NEXT CHAPTER AND IT WILL BE OUT BEFORE THE DAY IS OVER