74

People were screaming and running everywhere. Kofi immediately began looing out over the crowd trying to see if he could see where the shots had come from. Not being able to catch much because of everyone running everywhere and screaming he just looked back down at the two girls. He grabbed Zaidee and Deja and pushed them behind the other side of the truck opposite of the direction the shots had come from.

"Oh hell no Kofi they done got to shootin'!" Deja yelled out the obvious while ducking down out of any line of fire.

"Y'all get in, Deja where yo' car at?" Kofi ignored her statement and jogged around to the driver's side and got in while Zaidee hopped in the passenger seat and Deja hopped in the back. He started the car and followed Deja's directions and he soon pulled up next to her car.

"Zai you still-" Deja started but Kofi quickly cut her off.

"Deja go home bruh don't worry 'bout her she safer wit' me anyways hurry up and get home." He said in a flat tone while shaking his head wondering why she was even still trying to get Zaidee to go with her.

"I'll be okay Deja just make sure you get out of here fast." Shortly after Zaidee said that they heard some more shots ring out.

Deja nodded her head and leaned between the two front seats hugging Zaidee and telling her bye before quickly switching from Kofi's vehicle to her own. Kofi waited until Deja drove off before he began reversing the truck.

Just as he put the car in drive again his phone began ringing. He read the name and stopped again before answering. Zaidee looked at him like he was crazy. "Boy we need to go what are you doing, talk and drive!" She was on edge and on top of that her stomach was hurting and she could feel a headache trying to join the mix.

"Yo?" He answered the phone and looked out the window at people still trying to hurry and leave.

Zaidee looked at him sideways. "Kofi can we go I literally don't feel safe nor good right now."

"Nigga that was y'all shootin'?" He had a surprised look on his face. He went silent for a moment while he listened to the person. "At who nigga??" His shocked look only intensified.

Zaidee now had a surprised look on her face as well after finding out that the shots had probably come from a friend of his.

"He lookin' for me?" Kofi asked. "He left lookin' for me? Nigga I'm still here that nigga dumb." Zaidee looked out the window seeing people who were still trying to hurry up and leave.

"Who is? He talkin' bout spinnin' back?... Nigga KJ ass don't even own a gun he be using that other nigga heat. What's dude name... they be callin' him Red or some."

Zaidee had come to the conclusion that Kofi had become oblivious to their surroundings. Not wanting to be a victim, she let her seat back as far as it could go causing him to throw her a confused look. She closed her eyes for a moment. She just wanted to leave and get some painkillers.

"He scared???" Kofi sat up straight in his seat. "Nigga why he even beefin' with them ain't he like sixteen, KJ deadass twenty-one years old."

Kofi ended up getting tired of holding the phone to his ear and ended up putting it on speaker. "Nigga I don't know how he ended up gettin' into it with them, but they on his ass. You got some on you? His ass ain't got no gun no knife not even a damn belt." Zaidee felt like the voice belonged to Monte.

"Hell yea' you know I got some on me." Zaidee quickly looked over at him.

"Say less where you at? They called they folks we can blow back this lil' nigga scared."

"Im outside, I got my girl and shit... Where lil' dude at?"

"He in the house right now, I was gon' drop him off but he talkin' bout them folks was tryna shake back. You know I'm not lettin' no nigga say I ran."

"Yeah I know—"

"Oh shit nigga somebody just pulled up 'bout three or four niggas. Damn where Roscoe ass go!" The voice trailed off.

"Naw I'm comin'!" Kofi reached for the glove box causing Zaidee to quickly sit up.

"What you mean you coming??" She looked at him with a confused look. When he pulled out a gun her eyes got even wider. "Kofi no." She began shaking her head. She noticed he hadn't hung up the phone.

"Monte y'all need to go home! Y'all tryna have a shootout part two for what?! GO HOME!" She yelled.

"That's yo' bitch talkin'?" She heard him say through the phone. She let out a gasp.

"Yeah bro' chill." Kofi let out a small laugh and that's when Zaidee looked and noticed he was attaching a mag extension to the gun. "But chill for real you offendin' her and shit."

"Kofi what you doing? You don't need to partake in any illegal activities we leave tomorrow morning and still haven't packed—"

"You go home and get yo' shit together. Ima' be there later on, this ain't gon' take too long." Kofi took the gun off safety and leaned back giving him room to tuck it in his jeans.

"No what are you doing please do not purposely go put yourself in danger." She pleaded. "Tell Monte—" before she could finish the sound of shots rang through the air once again.

"Zai' I gotta go, hurry up and get home Ima' have one of them drop me off." Zaidee was left looking stuck on stupid because he quickly jumped out of the car asking Monte where he was.

Zaidee knew she couldn't stop him now, but she couldn't help the overwhelming feeling of panic that came over her. She quickly hopped over into the drivers seat and started the route home on the gps.

She adjusted the seat and mirrors before quickly leaving the scene. She was hoping to pass a gas station or something soon because she was in dire need of some Advil or ibuprofen.

Worry quickly consumed her as she thought about the ways the night could end.

She tried to distract her mind from the scene she'd just left but her mind just kept filling with worrisome thoughts. Feeling her head begin to spin she did her best to push her thoughts in a positive direction.

After driving for a while she was almost home and had also spotted a gas station that was open. She'd pulled over and parked. She quickly ran into the store and bought a small bottle of ibuprofen and a water.

Once she was back in the drivers seat she threw a few of the pills in her mouth and chased them with the water. She began screwing the cap back on the bottle, but the window next to her loudly shattered causing glass to fall on her. She let out a loud scream and her heart began beating out of her chest.

She'd gotten so afraid that she'd dropped the water, and she immediately heard the sound of gunshots and seconds after she could feel them hitting the doors. She quickly grabbed onto the passenger seat and threw herself into the backseat full force with a not so comfortable landing. She began freaking out and began to hyperventilate. She pushed herself all the way on the ground. She felt a drop after some shots which caused her to believe they'd shot at the tires. Her vision had gone blurry and her heart was beating at a rate she could've never imagined. She wanted to reach for her phone but it was in the front cup holder and she was far too afraid to move.

She heard the shots stop but heard loud footsteps approaching. She began to feel sick to her stomach and like she was going to both vomit and pass out.

When the door that her head lay right beside opened up, she felt her whole body give out and blackness consumed her sight.