48

"I'll get him to drop me off." Zaidee said to Deja as she got out of the car. She left her backpack inside.

"Okay, Bye." Deja waved and Zaidee sent her wave in return before heading up to Kofi's apartment.

Once she got there she quickly knocked on the door. She was curious as to what he wanted.

She didn't have to wait too long before the door opened revealing Kofi who was dressed in some sweats and a pair of socks.

Zaidee stared at his exposed torso, taking in the sight like she had never seen it before.

"No, I don't got all night." He said, breaking her from her daze. She then trailed her eyes upward, discovering that he was on the phone.

She quickly walked inside and he shut the door behind her. After taking a seat on the couch, she got on her phone and went to see what was on her explore page on Instagram. It was mainly memes or funny videos.

She began thinking about how it would feel to wake up here everyday. It couldn't be bad, and if it did get bad, it couldn't get too bad.

After a few more minutes of sitting in the living room quietly and alone, Zaidee noticed Kofi entering out the side of her eye.

"Wassup?" He slouched down beside her, making himself comfortable.

"Hey." She gave him a closed mouth smile.

"You had a good day?" He asked, surprising her a little. She wasn't really expecting him to be curious about how her day was.

"Yeah, mine was pretty normal. Except at lunch." She said truthfully.

"Why? What happened at lunch?" He furrowed his eyebrows as he stared over in her direction.

"Some girl tried me, but she didn't get much of a reaction." Zaidee said with a shrug, she was getting irritated just by thinking back to it.

"What girl?" Kofi asked with curiosity laced in his tone.

"I don't know, he said her name but I forgot what it was, she was Chase girl and she got mad cause he was talking to me." She told him, she had really forgotten the girl's name.

"The fuck was y'all talkin' about for her to get mad?" He sat up a little bit straighter.

"Nothing nigga. He was literally talking about how I was focused in class." Zaidee said in a bored tone.

"Oh, long as that nigga not tryna get out the friend zone." He mumbled before sitting back on the couch.

Zaidee rolled her eyes. "Why did you want me to come over here anyways?"

"On a honest note, I just wanted to see yo' fine ass." He shrugged his shoulders.

Zaidee went silent for a few seconds. "Thanks I guess, how was your day?"

"It was straight. Ain't too much happen." He said in a flat tone. "We official again?"

Zaidee scrunched her face up. "No. I'm not done being single." She said.

Kofi looked at her sideways. "The fuck you mean you not done? We official. Period."

Zaidee looked at him weirdly. "Did you just say period?" She asked.

"I did." He assured her.

Zaidee let out a laugh. "I never heard a nigga say that." She continued to laugh.

"I know. I'm not sayin' it again, shit sound gay coming from me." Kofi shook his head. "You tryna go eat?"

"Can we just pick something up while you take me home? I have work to do." She wanted to start on her homework and get it out of the way.

Kofi rolled his eyes slightly. "I guess. You be tryna get away from me quick as hell." He looked at his phone screen after it vibrated in his hand.

"That's not true." Zaidee mumbled while examining his screen to see who had just texted him.

Hispanic🍍💦

"Kofi, I told you we weren't getting back together until I knew that I was the only female you were worried about. And I know that's Hayley." Zaidee watched him freeze.

"Me and Hayley ain't got shit goin' on. I cut her off earlier."

"Then why are y'all texting? If she's so cut off what could y'all possibly be talking about?" She asked.

"School." He mumbled.

"Yeah it's time for you to take me home." She waved him off and stood from her seat.

"I'm for real. You know she just started at our school." He stood up as well.

"I hear you. I think we should stop at Sonic. All I'm really hungry for is some ice cream." She heard what he was saying and maybe they were only talking about school. But Zaidee wasn't in the mood to be taking chances.

"Wooowww. You petty as hell." He shook his head at her changing the subject so quickly.

"Petty at its finest." Zaidee mumbled and headed towards his door.

"You really think I'm still messin' with that girl." He sighed.

"I mean I'm not jumping to assumptions just yet. Y'all might've been talking about just school, then again maybe y'all weren't. Maybe you were talking about school while she wasn't, I don't know. But you did say that you cut her off earlier which wasn't too long ago. I'm pretty sure she's not letting you be done with her that quick." Zaidee said honestly.

"You always overthinking everything." He rolled his eyes.

"I don't overthink. I think about all the possibilities. Meanwhile you don't think at all." She said.

Kofi gasped. "What? You be so rude. I been tryna give you my love. And whenever you get ready, Ima' give you more than that." He grabbed her chin.

Zaidee pushed his hand away. "Can you go put on a shirt and some shoes?" She frowned.

"Don't be pushing my hand away." He retreated down his hall and returned shortly with a hoodie on and some slides.

"Stop frowning." Kofi said as they walked to his truck.

"Don't tell me what to do." Zaidee opened the door to the passenger side and got in.

"I told you me and Hayley not doin' nothing." Kofi looked over at her.

"And I responded to that." Zaidee shrugged.

"Damn aight. We not stopping no where either." He nodded.

"That's just being extra." Zaidee rolled her eyes.